Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to evidence - What are "joint activities"? Social things? like going to the gym?
My partner and I are gamers...I don't really know if the hours we spend playing games together is considered a joint activity...

With call logs...
So my partner and I use WhatsApp/skype/discord.
Primarily we use discord as a method of calling because it's a gaming voice service so the clarity is better for calls. Unfortunately, call logs don't really show time stamps. It's just "User started a call.Today at 8:45 PM" without any further information apart from the date. It doesn't show how long the call was. Or when it ended.
We are trying to use Skype more often for this reason. (But the call quality is terrible. Ugh!)

In regard to the formats of these calls. Can I copy the logs into word, or do I require multiple screenshot from Skype/WhatsApp/discord including call times and length? WhatsApp displays call times on a seperate screen. I would be grabbing MANY screens full of information and feel like this would be overkill.

And with our chat history do I need screenshots? Or can I copy the text into a pdf/word document in a simple more compacted format? Basically taking the relevant information from our chat log and condescending it down into word seems best.

Lastly with the PMV application. My partner is coming here on a 651 to get our paperwork/medicals done and see our wedding celebrant before we fly back overseas. If we go overseas to process the PMV having gotten all the paperwork we needed ready. And we pay and upload everything straight away. Can we fly straight back to Australia as soon as the application is lodged? Or do we need to wait for some sort of confirmation everything has been processed and payment has been received?

In regards to being onshore when the PMV is completed, if we ask the CO to tell us to leave Australia and come back when the application is completed. Will they? And if they are asked, and don't...is that their fault? Or are we held responsible and the visa is cancelled?

Sorry for the long-winded questions.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My answers are in bold. Hope it is of some help :)

In regards to evidence - What are "joint activities"? Social things? like going to the gym?
My partner and I are gamers...I don't really know if the hours we spend playing games together is considered a joint activity...

Yes, gym could be considered a joint activity, so could any social activity such as dinner with friends or family, movies, etc

With call logs...
So my partner and I use WhatsApp/skype/discord.
Primarily we use discord as a method of calling because it's a gaming voice service so the clarity is better for calls. Unfortunately, call logs don't really show time stamps. It's just "User started a call.Today at 8:45 PM" without any further information apart from the date. It doesn't show how long the call was. Or when it ended.
We are trying to use Skype more often for this reason. (But the call quality is terrible. Ugh!)

In regard to the formats of these calls. Can I copy the logs into word, or do I require multiple screenshot from Skype/WhatsApp/discord including call times and length? WhatsApp displays call times on a seperate screen. I would be grabbing MANY screens full of information and feel like this would be overkill.

And with our chat history do I need screenshots? Or can I copy the text into a pdf/word document in a simple more compacted format? Basically taking the relevant information from our chat log and condescending it down into word seems best.

I screenshot Skype call times, and also snippets of text from our chat history.

Lastly with the PMV application. My partner is coming here on a 651 to get our paperwork/medicals done and see our wedding celebrant before we fly back overseas. If we go overseas to process the PMV having gotten all the paperwork we needed ready. And we pay and upload everything straight away. Can we fly straight back to Australia as soon as the application is lodged? Or do we need to wait for some sort of confirmation everything has been processed and payment has been received?

I would suggest you wait on doing the medical as they have a 12 month expiry and depending where your fiance is there are lengthy wait times.

In regards to being onshore when the PMV is completed, if we ask the CO to tell us to leave Australia and come back when the application is completed. Will they? And if they are asked, and don't...is that their fault? Or are we held responsible and the visa is cancelled?

Once you have lodged the application and plan on entering Australia it is suggested to upload travel itinerary and length of time you will be in Australia. The CO should let you know when they are ready to grant the PMV and ask you to make arrangements to leave Australia for the grant. I guess they don't technically have to but I've never seen this happen.

Sorry for the long-winded questions.

Reactions: Cookieman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone...
My timeline for PMV are as
Lodged on 7th march 2017
Police clearance done in June
Medicals done in august 2017 without being asked for.!
Haven't heard anything yet
My NOIM date is supposed to be 28th march 2018. Not sure how long the wait is going to be...??

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone...
My timeline for PMV are as
Lodged on 7th march 2017
Police clearance done in June
Medicals done in august 2017 without being asked for.!
Haven't heard anything yet
My NOIM date is supposed to be 28th march 2018. Not sure how long the wait is going to be...??
Prepare to change the NOIM date as no one can say if your grant will come in time or not.

Or marry anyway if you have the evidence to back up changing from a 300 to a 309/100. But if it were me I'd just stay put and wait.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Prepare to change the NOIM date as no one can say if your grant will come in time or not.

Or marry anyway if you have the evidence to back up changing from a 300 to a 309/100. But if it were me I'd just stay put and wait.
You could empty some of your inbox Sky!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mar17;1811642 Prepare to change the NOIM date as no one can say if your grant will come in time or not. Or marry anyway if you have the evidence to back up changing from a 300 to a 309/100. But if it were me I'd just stay put and wait.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the feedback Skyblue... I think wait seems to be a better option that to just go and get married at this moment coz it will be a rush rush. Will probs see changing the NOIM date by the start of march. Hope something good happens by then fingers crossed..!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.