Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if anyone could help me by answering a few questions that I have regarding the Partner Visa.

Background

My name is Mawar and I am an Australian Permanent Resident. I was granted my PR in July 2011, and have entered Australia many times since then but I am still based in Malaysia.

I married my husband, a Malaysian citizen, on 22nd September 2012. We are planning to lodge a partner visa application (Subclass 309) for him as soon as possible. The only thing pending at the moment is his character check from the police. I was made to understand that this could take any time between 1-2 months. It has been 1 month since the application for certificate of good conduct from the ministry of foreign affairs.

We plan to relocate to Australia for good by the middle of 2013.

Questions

1. I am currently 2 months pregnant (yay!) and I am planning to go back to Australia permanently soon, where I prefer to deliver our child. Should I leave for Australia before my husband's temporary visa application has been processed, can my husband also go to Australia with me on a tourist visa? I do not want to deliver and spend post-delivery without my husband, as he would have to take care of me.

2. How long would it take for his temporary visa to be approved (should it be approved) from the time that we eventually lodge the subclass 309 application? Alternatively, how long would it take for him to be called for an interview regarding the application?

3. Does my husband have to be in Malaysia, the place where he would lodge the application, for it to be approved and/or for him to be called for an interview?

4. In any event, can the application approval process be expedited in view that I am pregnant, will be returning to Australia to deliver my baby, and will need my husband to look after me?

Thank you in advance, any and all help that you could give me in answering the above queries would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mawar

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if anyone could help me by answering a few questions that I have regarding the Partner Visa.

Background

My name is Mawar and I am an Australian Permanent Resident. I was granted my PR in July 2011, and have entered Australia many times since then but I am still based in Malaysia.

I married my husband, a Malaysian citizen, on 22nd September 2012. We are planning to lodge a partner visa application (Subclass 309) for him as soon as possible. The only thing pending at the moment is his character check from the police. I was made to understand that this could take any time between 1-2 months. It has been 1 month since the application for certificate of good conduct from the ministry of foreign affairs.

We plan to relocate to Australia for good by the middle of 2013.

Questions

1. I am currently 2 months pregnant (yay!) and I am planning to go back to Australia permanently soon, where I prefer to deliver our child. Should I leave for Australia before my husband's temporary visa application has been processed, can my husband also go to Australia with me on a tourist visa? I do not want to deliver and spend post-delivery without my husband, as he would have to take care of me. You can try for a tourist visa but they don't have to grant it.

2. How long would it take for his temporary visa to be approved (should it be approved) from the time that we eventually lodge the subclass 309 application? Alternatively, how long would it take for him to be called for an interview regarding the application? Nobody except god could tell you this

3. Does my husband have to be in Malaysia, the place where he would lodge the application, for it to be approved and/or for him to be called for an interview? Yes, if you apply offshore you need to be offshore when it is granted

4. In any event, can the application approval process be expedited in view that I am pregnant, will be returning to Australia to deliver my baby, and will need my husband to look after me? You should tell them but there is no guarantee that it will help expedite the process

Thank you in advance, any and all help that you could give me in answering the above queries would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mawar
Good luck,

Kttykat

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I just wanted to clarify something Kttykat said - he would have to be offshore, yes, but he doesn't have to be in the same country he applied in. He just has to NOT be in Australia. So if he wanted to take a quick trip to New Zealand or elsewhere, that would be a possible solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wanted to clarify something Kttykat said - he would have to be offshore, yes, but he doesn't have to be in the same country he applied in. He just has to NOT be in Australia. So if he wanted to take a quick trip to New Zealand or elsewhere, that would be a possible solution.
Oh I didn't know that.. this could be helpful. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh i have one more question, all the statutory declarations that i'm going to include, must they be the original ones or just certified copies will do?

thanks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Oh i have one more question, all the statutory declarations that i'm going to include, must they be the original ones or just certified copies will do?

thanks!
Yes I believe stat decs should be original, other documents unless otherwise stated such as police reports, can be certified copies.

I can't think of a situation where you would not have an original of a stat dec you are getting specifically for your application anyway.

Oh and congratulations on your wonderful news about being pregnant. I have read and heard that this will not be reason for the application to be expedited BUT I do think this is given some genuine weight in the assessment but they will not say this anywhere publically for fear that a whole lot of applicants will become pregnant with a desire to get fast tracked through the process (for me I don't know that this would actually happen but I guess they have seen it all).

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yes I believe stat decs should be original, other documents unless otherwise stated such as police reports, can be certified copies.

I can't think of a situation where you would not have an original of a stat dec you are getting specifically for your application anyway.

Oh and congratulations on your wonderful news about being pregnant. I have read and heard that this will not be reason for the application to be expedited BUT I do think this is given some genuine weight in the assessment but they will not say this anywhere publically for fear that a whole lot of applicants will become pregnant with a desire to get fast tracked through the process (for me I don't know that this would actually happen but I guess they have seen it all).
There was that case a while back where a migration agent allegedly said that they should get pregnant as soon as possible, seemed like a really odd thing to suggest but maybe you are right, that they specifically say it doesn't help but secretly it does. Not that I would suggest anybody try that approach, having a child is a huge responsibility and definitely something not to be done for visa reasons IMHO.

Kttykat

·
Registered
785 Posts
There was that case a while back where a migration agent allegedly said that they should get pregnant as soon as possible, seemed like a really odd thing to suggest but maybe you are right, that they specifically say it doesn't help but secretly it does. Not that I would suggest anybody try that approach, having a child is a huge responsibility and definitely something not to be done for visa reasons IMHO.

Kttykat
Totally agree KK that...having a baby is something wonderful and exciting but certainly not to be taken lightly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.