Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have finally submitted our partner visa application (it says received in my online immigration account) a few weeks back and my BVA is meant to be active starting today. I don't want any mishaps with the process as these things can be a bit tricky sometimes so if any of you lovely people can enlighten me about a few things, that would be great! :)

1.) It says 'no conditions' in my bridging visa grant notification. Does that mean I can work and apply for health insurance, etc.?
2.) Will there be further communication from the immigration regarding my status? If not, I tried to use VEVO as advised in the letter, but I have always received error prompts saying the information I have entered does not match my current visa (or something like that). Is that because my partner visa application is still pending or is VEVO accessible in cases like these in the first place?
3.) I will try not to stress too much about the waiting period :D but I wonder if there are things I should take note of while on BVA. I understand I should not travel unless I apply for BVB etc. Other than that, are there things to take note of?

Many thanks lovely people! Been reading posts here and everyone seems very supportive and helpful! All the best! :):)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
1. You were Medicare eligible the day you paid for and submitted the 820/801 app. This has nothing to do with a bridging visa. Nil conditions means just that. Yes, your BVA has full work rights once active.

2. VEVO should be working but you're the 3rd person I've read in the last couple of days to have issues with VEVO so maybe it's a system issue. You can always call and verify the status. No, there shouldn't be any more communication unless they need something from you for the 820 or you get the 820 grant.

3. That's pretty much it on the BVA. Don't leave the country without a BVB is the only significant thing I can think of.

I'm sure you know, but 801 eligibility is two years from the date of application, not the date of 820 grant. Been seeing a lot of people on here lately getting that confused so just making a note of it just in case!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi anyone who can help, I have a related question:
My wife is probably also about to apply for a 820, and as we'd like her to be able to work sooner rather than later, I'm wondering what we could do get a "no conditions" on her BVA like the top creator Jadra did. Does the spouse have to already be on a working visa before the 820 application?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Bridging visas granted in conjunction with an onshore partner visa generally come with "nil conditions. Until the bridging visa comes into effect you remain subject to the com-nditions of your current visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.