Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just to update everyone, my wife is currently on partner 820 visa with no travel permit.

My wife and I are planning to travel back to Hong Kong for 4 weeks to visit her parents to let them see their grand child :).

The date we intend to travel on will be the 24/07/2018, and we have applied for the bridging visa B on the 06/06/2018.

It is just over 3 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any idea how long roughly do they take approving this?

On the website it says a few days to process.

Just wondering if it would be wise for me to call up and ask? I don't want to piss them off as if i was trying to rush them.

Much Appreciated,

Jacky

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If you partner holds a Partner Visa (Provisional) subclass 820 then she is able to depart and re-enter Australia. . If she is on a Bridging Visa A while her 820 is being processed then she is on a BVA. She would then need a BVB to re-enter Australia. so you need to let us know whether she has a subclass 820 visa or a BVA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you partner holds a Partner Visa (Provisional) subclass 820 then she is able to depart and re-enter Australia. . If she is on a Bridging Visa A while her 820 is being processed then she is on a BVA. She would then need a BVB to re-enter Australia. so you need to let us know whether she has a subclass 820 visa or a BVA.
She is on a Bridging A (WA), Bridging A (subclass 010).

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Mr Hooper,

I was wondering if you could help me with my dilemma too?

I applied for a student visa on May 9, 2018. Once I finished all remaining requirements like medical checks, I decided to go home to my country whilst waiting for the visa. So I purchased a ticket for May 28 returning end of June. Now, I knew that I was supposed to apply for a BVB before leaving, however, I was so stupid on not researching first how long I have to do it before I really need to leave. Long story short, I applied for the BVB two days before I left and got declined.

My saving grace was that I get approved with my student visa. Which I did, I got the grant on the 20th June.

Now my question is, will I have any issues returning to Australia with this visa since I left the country and the BVB got declined?

I have read somewhere that they will allow entry since you now have a valid visa, however I just want to confirm just in case they detain me and not allow entry since I left the country without the bridging visa b.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Febie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.