Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Im applying for a PMV with my partner. She lived mostly in Japan but also in Thailand for 11 months and 2 weeks (according to her passport stamps). I understand that a police check is needed if 12 months or longer. Would we be safe not to get the police check or is this too close to 12 months?

Thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
I think as long as it does not hit the 12 months mark, then no. Because that's what is written on the document requirements by the government. (That is my opinion, I'm not 100% sure)

However, there is a possibility the case officer may genuinely make a mistake by misreading the dates since they're so close with each other. If I was in your position, I would obtain the police check for the sake your assessment process since we don't want anymore delays as processing time for 820 and 801 has already increased

· Registered
6 Posts
I'd suggest you to apply for the police clearance if you don't want to delay your application process. I have come across 2 cases where the officers still asked for the document although both cases do not fit in the bill (ie: they have not lived in a certain country for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years cumulatively).

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Like Jeremy said, if they want one, they'll request it. I have seen them request a police check for a country the person had only spent 7 months in so it seems to be what the CO wants and case-by-case.

· Registered
312 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, as per previous replies, and every CO is different but,

My fiancé had spent just over 11 months and 2 weeks in oz over the last 10 years and did not get asked for a police check. PMV granted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.