Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to buy a return ticket to Auckland online but had to run this question by you guys first - my WHV expires on 8th May 2010 and I'm going to NZ to get an ETA - the flights I'm booking to NZ are from 19th to 22nd April - is this timeframe good for applying for an ETA? I want to get a visa that doesnt have the "no further stay" on it as I intend to apply for another visa once the new one expires... When will the new visa begin? When my WHV runs out or when I get back into Oz?

Thanks in advance!

Dee =)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'm just about to buy a return ticket to Auckland online but had to run this question by you guys first - my WHV expires on 8th May 2010 and I'm going to NZ to get an ETA - the flights I'm booking to NZ are from 19th to 22nd April - is this timeframe good for applying for an ETA? I want to get a visa that doesnt have the "no further stay" on it as I intend to apply for another visa once the new one expires... When will the new visa begin? When my WHV runs out or when I get back into Oz?

Thanks in advance!

Dee =)
Three days ought to be sufficient to get an ETA Dee as they are pretty much granted automatically online.
The ETA to be effective would need to be activated on your re-entry and when you apply for another visa and it is granted, the former visa is automatically cancelled as you cannot hold two active visas simultaneously.

Just to be sure that will happen with the ETA Vs WHV, I'd cancel the WHV as soon as you arrive in NZ and before applying for the ETA but you could check the need to do that with a call to Immi on 131881.

A WHV does not usually have a No Further Stay condition so have you checked with the other visa you want to apply for as it may save you a trip to NZ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.