Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Applied for offshore Partner visa a few weeks ago and getting visitor visa application done now. I am submitting a letter clarifying incentives to leave and as per advice from Mark Northam I want to include that they promote use of the visitor visa during partner visa processing. I have a snippet of the PAM 3 section 46:

46 In a relationship with an Australian

46.1 Overview

Decision makers are encouraged to take a fair and reasonable approach where the applicant is involved in a partner relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident. A range of factors should be taken into consideration before deciding that such a relationship creates a strong incentive not to leave Australia.

46.2 Partner visa application lodged offshore

If a visitor visa applicant is the partner of an Australia citizen or permanent resident and has followed standard migration procedures by lodging a Partner visa migration application offshore, decision makers should facilitate short visits by the visa applicant to Australia, particularly in situations where:
the applicant is e676, eVisitor or ETA eligible or
the couple have been together for a significant period or
the couple are well established in their home away from Australia or
there are no concerns about the genuineness of the relationship or the validity of the marriage or
the applicant wishes to travel to Australia for a short visit for a special occasion or
there are compelling circumstances that justify the granting of a visitor visa (for example, family member of Australian partner seriously ill) or it would be in the best interests of a child to do so.
And wondering if it wise to include this and state something like "Please refer to section 46 etc etc". I found this roaming on the internet, and according to my Law friends this stuff should be available publicly.
Also wondering if someone could confirm this quoted information is correct and from PAM 3? Hoping I don't have some out of date information or something!

TIA

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
If you start quoting the regulations and the PAMs, make sure you know what you are doing. It might be bettter to leave that sort of thing to the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you start quoting the regulations and the PAMs, make sure you know what you are doing. It might be bettter to leave that sort of thing to the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia
Well that's why I'm asking, so I do know what I am doing. I did get professional help from Mark during our appointment so I might just contact him again and ask how to word it appropriately.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Hi all,
Applied for offshore Partner visa a few weeks ago and getting visitor visa application done now. I am submitting a letter clarifying incentives to leave and as per advice from Mark Northam I want to include that they promote use of the visitor visa during partner visa processing. I have a snippet of the PAM 3 section 46:

And wondering if it wise to include this and state something like "Please refer to section 46 etc etc". I found this roaming on the internet, and according to my Law friends this stuff should be available publicly.
Also wondering if someone could confirm this quoted information is correct and from PAM 3? Hoping I don't have some out of date information or something!

TIA
I googled for Sec 46.2 of Pam 3 and only found something dated 2010.

My view is to just put in your reasons for wanting a visitor visa, and that you have applied for the Partner Visa.

I am sure they will understand and give the visa length they determine for you.

I did this this (for PMV) and got 12 months. We had been living together (overseas) for almost 10 months when we applied though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I googled for Sec 46.2 of Pam 3 and only found something dated 2010.

My view is to just put in your reasons for wanting a visitor visa, and that you have applied for the Partner Visa.

I am sure they will understand and give the visa length they determine for you.

I did this this (for PMV) and got 12 months. We had been living together (overseas) for almost 10 months when we applied though.
We've been living together for almost a year now, and been married for half a year. I'm sure it would be sufficient but I am the type of person to make sure everything is overly, overly perfect ;-;
Anyways, contacting an agent before I submit this just to make sure seems like the best thing to do.

Not very pleased that we'll have to do two medicals though! I thought we'd get away with no visitor visa medicals as my husband's stay is 5 months, and the rule is "over six months". Oh well.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Not very pleased that we'll have to do two medicals though! I thought we'd get away with no visitor visa medicals as my husband's stay is 5 months, and the rule is "over six months". Oh well.
Two medicals ?
Our PMV application medical was done just before the Visitor Visa (12 months requested) and that's all that was needed, just the one.

·
Registered
796 Posts
3 successfully tourist visas no rejections 1 done after submitting partner visa (which was also successful) no quoted regulations.
I think where people fail to get a tourist visa after lodging a partner visa is they assume they will get it and don't put any effort into meeting/answering the requirements.
You just treat it as a normal tourist visa and we mentioned amongst other reasons for intent to return that we have a partner visa in the works and didn't want to risk any other applications.
As for the medical, do it for the partner visa and it will cover it for the tourist, no need to do 2, to make it easier quote the HAP id

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Aussie83 - it is not always as simple a that! Some countries due to the non-return rate will very rarely give out tourist visa's. One forum member her fiance (now husband) is from Ghana and after the 3rd rejection was told to stop applying for a tourist visa because they will never grant him one. After each rejection they went and addressed the reasons too ie. Limit travel.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Fair enough Mish thanks for the info. I haven't come across them, just many who ask why a visa wasn't granted and when you ask they have only filled in the forms and that was it.
Always good and interesting to learn more on all this!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two medicals ?
Our PMV application medical was done just before the Visitor Visa (12 months requested) and that's all that was needed, just the one.
Mainly because Moscow is notoriously slow with processing visas, and as it will probably be over 12 months before the partner visa is processed (we only applied 2 weeks ago) we figure the medicals will expire and he will have to do it again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Mark read my statement and said it was all good, and I got friends to visit the State Library in Melbourne for me to read up on it and they confirmed everything was quoted and cited correctly, so finally I'm finished with my last document to submit! (for a few months at least)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.