Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum; helpful answers will be greatly appreciated.

Today I received a refusal for my application for a 485 visa. The reason being that I did not supply proof of ''English-skills''.

As I completed a IELTS test before I arrived to Australia (almost 4 years ago), and then graduated with a Bachelor of Communication (all courses undertaken in English), I wrongfully assumed I would be OK.

My question is: Can I re-apply for the same visa again if I promptly sit for a new English test?

I know one can only be granted this visa once, but not sure if I can re-apply after refusal.

I also know that this is all my fault, and am now just trying to find the best solution so as to avoid the devastating scenario of having to leave.

Thank you for your time and care!

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
From what you have posted (unless you hold a substantive visa) to reapply for a 485 it look as as if you would have to leave Australia and re-enter on some other visa in time to satisfy the 6-month condition.

This is not a considered professional opininion.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent about your possible strategies.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
H

My question is: Can I re-apply for the same visa again if I promptly sit for a new English test?

I know one can only be granted this visa once, but not sure if I can re-apply after refusal.
Only if you still hold an eligible visa and of course meet all the other time-of application requirements.

I constantly get contacted by people who have lodged 485 visas themselves and get a refusal, because they do no meet some of the very basic requirements, like the English language requirement.

The sc. 485 visa can provide a great pathway towards PR and a refusal can destroy all that, so PLEASE, do yourself a favour and get some professional advice, before you lodge the visa application. A good registered migration agent will pick up this type of fatal mistake straight away.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
To confirm your re-apply for the same visa eligibility, you can fill a short [free inquiry form[/] They will assist you everything as soon as possible.
I strongly advise against getting involved with unregistered overseas operators who call themselves "immigration consultants".

You should only use Australian MARA registered migration agents that display a valid Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN).

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

A search of the business and their team is not showing any results. On the home page there is a tiny MARA logo, but no MARN, which to me seems to be very misleading . If this business is indeed MARA registered, then their MARN and other credentials should be clearly displayed. They should also provide a link to the MARA Code of Conduct. As it is now they are clearly in breach of the requirements that apply to MARA Registered Migration Agents.

If they are not MARA registered, then they should not pretend to be registered by displaying a MARA logo.

I strongly object to unregistered operators advertising their services on this forum.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
"Consultant" that hasn't studied migration law... I wouldn't trust a banker with my money let alone my visa status...

"Ms Nona Bains is a highly qualified professional with a Masters in Accounting & International business as well as Masters in Philosophy in Banking."

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Looks like akkamimmigration is banned - all his/her posts have disappeared. Thanks moderators :)
I get really angry with these shonky overseas operators who have the audacity to display a MARA logo on their website. It is scammers like that who give legitimate operators and the entire migration advice industry a bad name. They should be exposed at every turn!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Agreed.

P.S. don't forget to edit your post above that is quoting him and has a link to his website. Unfortunately even though he is banned - if his posts are quoted, they will still appear in other people's posts, including the URLs

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I get really angry with these shonky overseas operators who have the audacity to display a MARA logo on their website. It is scammers like that who give legitimate operators and the entire migration advice industry a bad name. They should be exposed at every turn!
The minister allows them to operate and accepts their applications, no matter what they have done.

The following appears on all my service agreements and on my website:

WARNING
The OMARA is an essentially useless office that is part of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and I have told them so repeatedly. With the stroke of a pen the minister can terminate them all as easily as s/he can terminate a perfectly valid visa application. The OMARA can do nothing about unregistered agents overseas or parliamentarians or DIBP officers who give, often incorrect, migration advice in Australia, or education agents who give catastrophically incorrect migration advice under the table. About all the OMARA can do, having received a complaint, is haul a registered migration agent over the coals - after the event. They cannot order repayment of money lost. They can do nothing when the minister (The Terminator) changes the rules in the middle of the game or one of his delegates or 'designated authorities' bungles your case. By the way, the 'average fee' misinformation published by the OMARA is just that.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Agreed.

P.S. don't forget to edit your post above that is quoting him and has a link to his website. Unfortunately even though he is banned - if his posts are quoted, they will still appear in other people's posts, including the URLs
Good point. just removed the link. Hope others will do the same. Shameless scammers !!!

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Those kinds of scammers make me SO angry. Thanks for reporting that post, people. Keep hitting that report button anytime you see something dodgy! That's what we're here for. Mods might not always get it was quickly as we'd like (most of us have jobs, I have a new baby) but we get to it as fast as we can! We're lucky enough to have GOOD agents here who are generous with their time - no need for fly-by-night scam artists here!

Reactions: tijanaoc and Mania

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Those kinds of scammers make me SO angry. Thanks for reporting that post, people. Keep hitting that report button anytime you see something dodgy! That's what we're here for. Mods might not always get it was quickly as we'd like (most of us have jobs, I have a new baby) but we get to it as fast as we can! We're lucky enough to have GOOD agents here who are generous with their time - no need for fly-by-night scam artists here!
There is a reason I challenge anyone posting here as a migration agent to display their MARN. I'm happy to share this forum with legitimate colleagues. I have no tolerance whatsoever for unregistered operators claiming to be migration agents. Just because someone displays a MARA logo on their website does not mean they are actually a registered migration agent.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congratulations :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.