Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm hoping someone might have some answers for me!

I am a NZ Citizen and my husband is a South African Citizen. In 2009 he was granted a Subclass 461 Visa and we then resided in Australia until 2011 at which point we moved to New Zealand. In doing so we cancelled his 461 visa (as that was a requirement to make a claim for his Superannuation)

We are now wanting to return to Australia to live and it's my understanding that he will need to re-apply for a Subclass 461 Visa.

Firstly, since we cancelled his last 461 Visa is there any restriction/limitation on applying for another one? Are we required to submit a complete new application as if he has not held one before?

Also, will we be required to re-submit documents such as police certificates? In his 2009 application we had to include police certificates from South Africa, United Kingdom and Australia. Given that he has not returned to the United Kingdom or South Africa and has only been living in Australia/New Zealand since his last application we are hoping he will not require new ones - they are costly and rather time-consuming to obtain!

This is also the case with the medical certificate and chest x-ray requirements - he had these done last time so we are hoping it won't be required again!?

Since living here in New Zealand he has obtained New Zealand Permanent Residency. We are also hoping that since he now has this he will not need to get private health insurance as a requirement of issuing a new visa? Are we correct in assuming that with NZ Permanent Residency he is covered by the Reciprocal Health Agreement while in Australia?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.