Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i have some trouble here, hope someone can give me some advises or comments.

I am Australia Permanent Resident, I have applied Partner Visa for my wife and 2 kids on last year November 2017, therefore they are holding Bridging Visa A to stay legally in Australia. Due to some reasons we have to travel oversea on 7th May 2018, i have applied Bridging Visa B for my wife and my 2 kids under same application form on mid of April 2018 and fortunately it granted on 1st May 2018 before we leave Australia.

By the right to say the granted Bridging Visa B is included my wife and 2 kids right? Unfortunately when we ready to depart from oversea airport, the immigration told us that only my wife's Bridging Visa B is granted but my kids didn't, we forced to re-apply Visitor Visa for my kids to re-entry Australia with us because it's impossible we left them at oversea and we come by ourselves.

My question is, are they still holding Bridging Visa A and legal to continue staying in Australia? or they have to exist Australia every 3 months due to holding Visitor Visa now?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
what i know about bridging visa B is that it has a certain time period and once lapsed, you can't turn it into bridging visa A unless you make it in Australia within that specified period. For the kids, they may get a different treatment if you are a biological father

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.