Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I want to work as a real estate agent in Sydney. However the occupation is not on the SOL list so it's hard to get a visa. The only solution I find is if the state will nominate you for a visa which is highly unlikely.

My question is if it could be possible to go around the ordinary employer sponsored visas and start a business in Sydney (188 Visa) as a real estate "consultant" or similar and get hired through a firm in that way? Once again the state will nominate you after lodging an EOI. I think I will be able to reach over 65pts.

I can't really see a solution for me to come and work in Sydney as a real estate agent. I am not fortunate enough to have an Australian girlfriend either. What's the best way to move forward on finding out if I can move there? (I used my WH visa btw.)

Cheers,

Olghini

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have another question then for you.

Since it isn't on the SOL list, 457 visa is out of the question. What if I apply for a 186 visa? Let's assume I have a firm ready to nominate me. I would have to go the direct stream since I do not have a current visa. I have all the requirements except for 3 years of work experience.

Work experience:
I have been working in real estate, costumer service and as an assistant for 2 years during my studies. (Part time).

I will finish my bachelor's degree in june 2017. Does that mean that I have to work 3 years or 1 year as an agent to reach the requirements?

Thank you in advance :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.