Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Firstly I'm sorry for my lack of understanding around this.. Me and my wife really are lost in where to start.

We currently work in the UK. My wife is an outreach worker.(looks after elderly, dementured and learning disabilities) with around 10 year experience nvq level 3

I am. An electrical design engineer within the industrial sector. Primarily water treatment/energy from waste. Hnc level 4 qualification in building services engineering.

Our friends moved to Sydney 3 years ago. They were sponsored. And one works in sales and the other in lorry driver recruitment. Can't help but think we should have no issues finding work in Nsw. But We really need to know where to start. For instance.

Do I look for a job first.?

Or do I need to go to a certain website and apply for a visa?

We just need to know what we should be doing and in what order.

We are visiting Sydney next year and I'm hoping to approach companies while I'm there. Is this a good idea?

Sorry for the long winded post.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Being an electrical engineer, your skill is in demand. You can apply for subclass 189 visa. https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

Get your skills assessed - from Engineers Australia - that will verify that you are a qualified electrical engineer.

You can apply for subclass 189 visa and include your partner in your application.

Other Option is to apply for state sponsorship and apply for subclass 190 visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks ks you so much for that really helps. I take it this assessment is some sort of exam.? Is there anywhere that would tell me what type of questions I would be receiving or where to brush up?

Reason I ask is because I have been doing this so long and my job is quite specific. Things may have been forgotten over time. I might be making a meal out of this. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please disregard my previous question. I am on the website now and it looks quite straight forward. Does anybody have any advice on what I should be doing when I visit for 2 weeks next year? I may need to post in a specific part of the forum for details of companies I should be approaching. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
From what you have posted you are not an electrical engineer, as defined for migration to Australia. This skilled occupation requires applicants to hold a professional engineering degree.

You might qualify in some other engineering-related occupation.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent advice about visa strategy.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
We just need to know what we should be doing and in what order.
Do a lot of research and make sure you are 100 % clear about all your options and all the requirements, before you do anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.