Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was an international student in Australia since 2013. On August 2016 I applied for extension of student visa and was put on bridging visa. The process took so long that I did not pay attention to it after a couple of months and I carried on with my study.
On October 2017, due to personal issues I decided to pause my study and return to my country. I checked my visa and found out that I was granted a student visa on March 2017 until the end of August 2017 (at this point I was still under the impression that I was holding a bridging visa). The email of confirmation got lost in other hundred of other emails and I regrettably did not check them.
I immediately went to the office and applied for Bridging Visa E. By the time of doing this my student visa has expired for roughly 2 months. I left Australia on November.

I am applying to return to Australia to finish my study on March 2018. What are the chances for me to obtain another student visa? The officer that handled my case informed me that the possibility of me obtaining another visa depends on the person handling my next visa. Should I write a letter explaining my situation to seek their approval? How should I send it?

I appreciate any help. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
"The officer that handled my case informed me that the possibility of me obtaining another visa depends on the person handling my next visa."

That sounds like very bad advise and from a person not accountable for what they have said.

I suggest get better advice and find out if you have a ban.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.