Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

When applying for a partner visa are you assessed for the reasons why you need one? i.e. does it count against you if you are not actually planning to migrate just planning to travel? I plan to talk about it in both my form 80 and personal statement and am keen to know if there are any things to avoid saying! Any guidance much appreciated.

Many thanks

tankinnen

·
Registered
7 Posts
You apply for a Partner Visa because you fell in love with someone and you want to be with that person. You don't apply for a Partner Visa because you want to travel. If you'd like to travel maybe apply for the Working Holiday visa (417) instead.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If you are not planning to migrate, a partner visa application is not appropriate and would be refused if you provided the sort of information you have posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks both for taking the time to reply. @wrussell my wife and children are Australian citizens and we plan to be in Australia for 2 years. So we are migrating just not staying in one place. We may decide we would like to stay but we are very likely to return to the UK after that time. Does this change things in your view?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.