Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me the most common reasons that a Perspective Spousal Visa might be denied (Going from the US to AU). I would like to make sure that all of my bases are covered.

I'm sending my application off to the embassy next week and if all goes well...I'll be closing up house and heading over on a tourist visa in March to wait for my visa to be granted.

Thank you for any help and advice you can offer.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
1) You have no evidence of meeting in person, of having concrete plans to marry, or of people being aware of your plans to be married.
2) You do not supply the required documents.
3) You have serious health issues.
4) You have been convicted of serious crimes.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
As CG said but just wanted to add that you are from the US so should be no drama at all. High risk countries they seem to want a truck load of evidence.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I would HIGHLY suggest applying with your medicals and police checks already done if you can. The medicals are only possible to do in advance if you can find a panel doctor in your state who will allow you to "front load" (they're usually the docs who send in paper results rather than submit electronically). There are two camps of people waiting on PMV/Partner applications in the US right now - a bunch of us waiting 7-9 months, and others waiting 2-3 months. There have been a lot of folks granted around the 3 month mark for seemingly no ascertainable reason. Your chances are probably better of being one of those folks if you frontload everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having difficulty finding information of what is required in a medical examination. Would you happen to know what the exam entails? How does on go about locating a doctor to do this?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Prosmart, as long as you don't have any conditions that are expensive to treat, you have no need to worry. They're looking for conditions they anticipate could potentially cost over $35,000 over 5 years to treat. They are mostly looking at conditions that require expensive treatments.

It's a pretty standard medical exam, but it must be done by one of the panel doctors GBP linked you to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.