Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I've been searching this forum but couldn't find any similar story to get help...
I've been living in Australia for many years and I'm an Australian Citizen now. I was granted a Permanent Residency through a Spouse Visa as I was married to my ex-husband who is Australian.
Unfortunately after 3 years together we separated and divorced.
I'm now married to another person, who is not Australian and is currently on a student visa.
We are thinking of applying for a Spouse Visa, but I'm not sure if I can sponsor him as I have been previously sponsored.
We've spoken to an Immigration lawyer and he mentioned that I'd have to wait for 5 years counting from the 1st application I've made, which was for a Prospective Marriage in 2006.
I'm a bit confused if the 5 years gap would start from the application or from when I was granted a Permanent Visa in the past...

Could anybody help me? If you need more details, please let me know...

Thank you and looking forward to getting your responses!

J

·
Registered
382 Posts
jujuyes said:
Hi everybody, I've been searching this forum but couldn't find any similar story to get help...
I've been living in Australia for many years and I'm an Australian Citizen now. I was granted a Permanent Residency through a Spouse Visa as I was married to my ex-husband who is Australian.
Unfortunately after 3 years together we separated and divorced.
I'm now married to another person, who is not Australian and is currently on a student visa.
We are thinking of applying for a Spouse Visa, but I'm not sure if I can sponsor him as I have been previously sponsored.
We've spoken to an Immigration lawyer and he mentioned that I'd have to wait for 5 years counting from the 1st application I've made, which was for a Prospective Marriage in 2006.
I'm a bit confused if the 5 years gap would start from the application or from when I was granted a Permanent Visa in the past...

Could anybody help me? If you need more details, please let me know...

Thank you and looking forward to getting your responses!

J
Hello,
Five years starts from the application, the date when you lodged your prospective marriage visa, month and year..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.