Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've been offered a position at a company in Australia and I should be applying for a 457 visa. As far as I know, it is important that I got me degree at an educational institution recognised by the government of Australia.

I was wondering how I can check if it's recognized before I even start with the application.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best way would be to look in your university's webpage or office. But, assuming that you got a student visa to study at that university... The simple fact that they have a cricos code is a definite evidence that they are recognised.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the answer, Nai.

The thing is I got my Master's in Croatia, so I wanted to see if the university I got it from is on the list. I would be working in Australia, not studying (unless I go for a PhD.

Sorry if I was unclear and thanks again.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey, Croatian degrees are usually recognized (post-Jugoslav). So I don't see a problem there. The other option would be to check with the your professional body. What was your field of study?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Boboa!

My field of study was, among others, Anthropology. The position would involve that area, so I thought it would be wise to check beforehand.

I just hope it all works out. It seems that there are a lot of issues to be sorted out before even starting with the nomination (before applying for the 457 visa).

But, from what I hear, there's a high demand on anthropologist, especially considering the mining industry, indigenous affairs and so forth. Too bad it's not on the list.

Thanks for replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.