Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is not too off topic but I'm trying to record conversations in Facebook Messenger while my partner and I are separated but no date is shown.

How do other people record conversations with dates?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take screenshots, the date is at the first posts of the day.

You don't need to provide millions of pages, just do a random scattering of dates, if they want more they can always ask as required.
My Messenger only shows the day and the time, not the date, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll need to investigate. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Messenger only shows the day and the time, not the date, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll need to investigate. Thanks for the reply.
It will only show the day (Monday-Sunday) and the time if one week has not passed yet from when the conversation took place.If you want the date to show you need to wait for one week to pass after the conversation has taken place. For example, today is Monday, 5th of March in Australia and if you had a conversation with your partner yesterday, which is Sunday, then it will show as Sunday, and the hour the conversation took place. If you go back and check the conversation the Monday after, 12th of March, it will show you the date. You will just need to wait one week before you can screenshot that conversation showing the actual date. Same is valid for Iphone text messages.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will only show the day (Monday-Sunday) and the time if one week has not passed yet from when the conversation took place.If you want the date to show you need to wait for one week to pass after the conversation has taken place.
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately for some reason my Messenger doesn't display the date after one week.

I eventually downloaded the complete archive of my FaceBook account and all the messages I wanted were included and nicely formatted. Success!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.