Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So recently my 485 was rejected because i had issues in completion letter from University, since it wasn't clearly mentioned when my studies commenced and when did i graduate.
I graduated on 3rd Nov 2017, and i re-applied for 485 on 3rd May 2018 (Note that was the last day for the 6 months from my graduation).
So i might need some advice on whether my new application will be granted or not. (PS - i got the new completion letter from my university with both commencement and graduation date).

Thanking you :)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
The critical date is when you completed the academic requirements, not when you graduated. If you go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case, if you wish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i say graduated, i mean that's when i finished my academic studies, not the graduation ceremony or anything.
so basically 3rd of Nov was of my last day of going to University.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the exact same situation before.

Visa will be approved if your completion date is 3rd Nov 2017. (The date Uni has decided you have passed all requirements of your degree)

Chan (Migration) [2017] AATA 707 (3 May 2017)

Below is the old thread I posted here to ask for help, just apply for review and do not need to find an agent to assist you, it is a very easy case.
The good thing is you will have extra 1~2 years time to stay in AUS during the appeal process.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/137242-help-got-refused-485-graduate-visa.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.