Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife (from India) are planning to apply for ACS skill assessment.My wife has changed her surname to that of mine after wedding and the same is reflected in her latest salary slips and appraisal letters but her educational certificates and original offer letter have her old surname.Will this be a problem when she applies for the skills assessment or attaching the marriage certificate will be sufficient?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife (from India) are planning to apply for ACS skill assessment.My wife has changed her surname to that of mine after wedding and the same is reflected in her latest salary slips and appraisal letters but her educational certificates and original offer letter have her old surname.Will this be a problem when she applies for the skills assessment or attaching the marriage certificate will be sufficient?
Hi Kiran,

Has your wife officially changed her name through the gazzette or did she just start using your last name after the marriage? If yes, then you can that document as proof of name change. If you have not changed her name officially, i suggest you do that, because you will need that official name change document most of the times, even for things other than the visa.

Annikka

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kiran,

Has your wife officially changed her name through the gazzette or did she just start using your last name after the marriage? If yes, then you can that document as proof of name change. If you have not changed her name officially, i suggest you do that, because you will need that official name change document most of the times, even for things other than the visa.

Annikka
Thanks Annika for the reply.Actually she has changed her name on the PAN card and also she is about to change it in passport by submitting marriage certificate.Will she still need to officially change her name?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
What you may want to do in your country is up to what you and the procedure is there.
For Australia, it is a simple matter of having a marriage certificate if you want to show a name change because of marriage but that is not compulsory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you may want to do in your country is up to what you and the procedure is there.
For Australia, it is a simple matter of having a marriage certificate if you want to show a name change because of marriage but that is not compulsory.
Thanks for your reply Wanderer thats gives me a clear picture now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.