Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a Pakistani national living in Ireland. I am thinking to come to study in Australia. But I have an immigration history in UK. I claimed asylum in UK it was refused then I moved to Ireland. Here I filed eu family case which also rejected currently I don't have any status here I have applied for leave to remain application which can take too long. So I thought that I should try for student visa for Australia. My question is would my application be accepted if I am get an offer and knowing about my history of immigration? Secondly can I apply from Ireland instead of pakistan as i don't want to take a risk going back to pakistan. Please help me with this situation and suggest me something before I make a decision. Please. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You are required to disclose your immigration history when you apply for an Australian visa. From what you are saying your are trying to avoid returning to Pakistan. For Australia to grant you a student visa you will have to satisfy the Immigration Department that you have strong ties to your home country, and it sounds like that will be difficult. You case officer will try and confirm any claims you make regarding ties to your home country. If they are unable able to do that, then it is unlikely they will grant your visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply so if I return back to Pakistan from Ireland then how many chances are there that I would get the visa.?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.