Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I have a few queries regarding academic qualification and state sponsorship in the new point system for 175/176 Visa application

On the factor "Qualification" of the new point system, the points for Bachelor degree (including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters) is given 15 points. I am an engineering graduate and I passed my bachelors with a "Passing grade" (63%). Since "including a bachelors degree with honors or masters" is mentioned in the parenthesis, does this mean that I am not entitled to any points because I didn't secure an honors grade? Now, there is also 10 points for offshore recognized apprenticeship..Can I claim those 10 points based upon my BE (engineering degree) if I am unable to secure the 15 points for qualification due to my low gpa?

My next Q is- There is 10 separate points for the factor sponsorship by territory government to regional australia and 5 points for sponsirship by state/territory. Now if i am sponsored by some rural territory, am I eligible for 15 points under both headings or just 10 points?

Thank you

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you're referring to the proposed changes for later this year, something more definite from Immi will likely be available in due course.
Meanwhile I suspect if you have a degree qualification it'll be 15 points for any degree.
Sponsorship points will be one or the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.