Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got my PR visa granted in 2015 February and made my first entry into Australia in October 2015.

Facts:
-I was married when I applied for PR visa in 2013 which included my ex-wife
-We took divorce in 2014
-I withdrew my ex-wife from the application before any decision was made about our PR visa
-PR visa was granted only to me and my dependent mother, not my ex-wefe
-I got married again in 2016
-Currently I am living outside Australia. I want to sponsor my wife's partner visa (subclass 309). One of the sponsorship limitation rule is that if I have sponsored another fiancé(e) or partner within the last
5 years then I am not eligible to sponsor again with 5 years.

Question:
Considering the above circumstances, am I eligible to sponsor my wife's partner visa? Please note that I withdrew my ex-wife from my initial PR visa application(subclass 189) so she was never granted a visa.

Thanks,
Yeasir

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
The sponsorship limitation would not apply to you since you didn't sponsor your ex-wife, you simply included her (and then removed her) as a dependent on your visa. This is different. Sponsorship is when you hold a PR visa or citizenship and then sponsor someone for a partner visa, e.g. 309. So this would now be your first sponsorship when you sponsor your new wife.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @Maggie-May24,

Thank you very much for the quick response! That is a huge relief. Actually I myself had thought the same. However, This brings another question in my mind.

Question 29 in form 40SP(to be filled by the sponsor) says:

"29 Have you previously sponsored/nominated a spouse, de facto partner,
prospective spouse (fiancé(e)) or interdependent partner?"

Should I answer Yes or No here? I know it should be obvious from your explanation but still asking to be sure. Cause although I did not sponsor someone previously but I did nominate(include) my ex-wife.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.