Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am already in Australia and working for a while with this company before applying for the RSMS visa.

My office has send my application for approval of the employer nomination for the visa VC 857 Regional sponsored Migration Scheme(RSMS). I have attached my application form 47es and documents with it. As it allows to send both employer nomination documents and employee documents togehter.

I was wondering how long does the employer nomination takes for the RSMS visa and then grant of the visa to the employee? To make the process quicker I have applied for the employee visa grant with the employer nomination.

According to new priority list ENS & RSMS are at the highest rank, but what is the timeframe to be employer nominated and get the visa granted?

I read somewhere maximum time to get the RSMS visa is 3 months but was wondering if someone on forum can share their experience?

Thanks in advance. Will be waiting for quick response.

Regards

Babar

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello,
I am already in Australia and working for a while with this company before applying for the RSMS visa.

My office has send my application for approval of the employer nomination for the visa VC 857 Regional sponsored Migration Scheme(RSMS). I have attached my application form 47es and documents with it. As it allows to send both employer nomination documents and employee documents togehter.

I was wondering how long does the employer nomination takes for the RSMS visa and then grant of the visa to the employee? To make the process quicker I have applied for the employee visa grant with the employer nomination.

According to new priority list ENS & RSMS are at the highest rank, but what is the timeframe to be employer nominated and get the visa granted?

I read somewhere maximum time to get the RSMS visa is 3 months but was wondering if someone on forum can share their experience?

Thanks in advance. Will be waiting for quick response.

Regards

Babar
There're probably not too many prior RSMS applicants who come to the forum Babar but yes the ES visas do have top priority by Immi.

I've read of the ENS visas being granted in as quick as a week but that being an exception with perhaps a month or so being expected as more commonplace if employers and employees are both considered eligible.

The RSMS has a two stage employer approval process in place with the Regional Certifying required and if anything that may make the Immi action more of an endorsement though they will still check all other eligibility criteria.

If your employer has already had the regional certification done, I'd reckon with everything being OK you should see a grant within the three month period, but if they are yet to do the RC, then whatever time that takes will need to also be allowed for.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There're probably not too many prior RSMS applicants who come to the forum Babar but yes the ES visas do have top priority by Immi.

I've read of the ENS visas being granted in as quick as a week but that being an exception with perhaps a month or so being expected as more commonplace if employers and employees are both considered eligible.

The RSMS has a two stage employer approval process in place with the Regional Certifying required and if anything that may make the Immi action more of an endorsement though they will still check all other eligibility criteria.

If your employer has already had the regional certification done, I'd reckon with everything being OK you should see a grant within the three month period, but if they are yet to do the RC, then whatever time that takes will need to also be allowed for.
I have got the Regional Certification and with that certificate my employer is lodging the nomination and my application. I am working in local government QLD and my employer has already done few RSMS applications in past.

I have got my skills assessment, degrees, IELTS, all police clearances, medical, passport, birth certificate attached to application and I hope everything they require from my end is certified & complete with application.
I hope this should help and speed up the process. I am already on the Visa VC 485 Temporary Resident and it is Qualifying visa for RSMS.

Thanks for your words.

Regards

Babar

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I have got the Regional Certification and with that certificate my employer is lodging the nomination and my application. I am working in local government QLD and my employer has already done few RSMS applications in past.

I have got my skills assessment, degrees, IELTS, all police clearances, medical, passport, birth certificate attached to application and I hope everything they require from my end is certified & complete with application.
I hope this should help and speed up the process. I am already on the Visa VC 485 Temporary Resident and it is Qualifying visa for RSMS.

Thanks for your words.

Regards

Babar
Shouldn't be a problem from what you say and hopefully reasonably fast.
Good luck and please let us know for it could be of interest to others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hello Wanderer,

My company applied for my RSMS visa nomination and under one month time they got the nomination grant letter for me.
It is a good news.
I applied for on-shore RSMS and as well I am working for same employer for more than a year now.
I indeed attached my part of application of the employee (form 47ES) along employer nomination (form 1054) which they actually did acknowledge and deducted the fee of RSMS visa from my account that very day.
I am wondering if you have any clue now how long will it take to have an CO allocated and officer grant the visa? As you also know the RSMS & ENS have the highest priority in the priority list, so what sort of time frame should I consider?
Should I hope that they will finalise the case before the end of this financial year ends i.e. 30th June 2010?
Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

Cheers

Babar

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello Wanderer,

My company applied for my RSMS visa nomination and under one month time they got the nomination grant letter for me.
It is a good news.
I applied for on-shore RSMS and as well I am working for same employer for more than a year now.
I indeed attached my part of application of the employee (form 47ES) along employer nomination (form 1054) which they actually did acknowledge and deducted the fee of RSMS visa from my account that very day.
I am wondering if you have any clue now how long will it take to have an CO allocated and officer grant the visa? As you also know the RSMS & ENS have the highest priority in the priority list, so what sort of time frame should I consider?
Should I hope that they will finalise the case before the end of this financial year ends i.e. 30th June 2010?
Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

Cheers

Babar
You mean by
That Immi have acknowledged the position as being approved do you?
As I've indicated earlier, with all documentation OK [ and seeing it is a local government authority familiar with the RSMS procedure ] it should be smooth sailing.
It will only be held up because of the end of the financial year if in fact numbers are close to annual budget.

An the only other factor is that Immi staff will have various other involvements in being prepared for the changes that may be implemented on July 01 if all is ready.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean by

That Immi have acknowledged the position as being approved do you?
As I've indicated earlier, with all documentation OK [ and seeing it is a local government authority familiar with the RSMS procedure ] it should be smooth sailing.
It will only be held up because of the end of the financial year if in fact numbers are close to annual budget.

An the only other factor is that Immi staff will have various other involvements in being prepared for the changes that may be implemented on July 01 if all is ready.
Yes, I mean I got a letter from employer today which Immi send them yesterday having a subject "Approval of a Nominated Position as an Approved Appointment (RSMS)" underneath which they have said nominated position as an approved appointment and now nominee should lodge his PR asap if has not already done.

I also have previous email from my employer which Immi send to them at the time of lodgement of nomination approval stating that they take one week time from CO been allocated to the case. Now I am waiting for the CO to be allocated asap so I can get the visa process completed successfully on my application.

Cheers
Babar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone any idea how long the 857 rsms process is taking, Mine was submitted last week? Our lawyer said we're top priority. I live in ACT. anyone got any information on it, please post your coments.
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Submitted in Sep 2010 and still no case officer alloted

Hi

i submitted the entire documents in sep 2010 and till today no case officer is been alloted. i think its taking too long. what is exp of others. is it quick and if the case officer is not alloted should i have to call them to find out why???

any clue?? help me

cheers

Viv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Viv

So you submitted it in sept and still nothing, i thought the 857 was priority, can i ask you did you go through an immigration lawyer, we did, and he has sent in our application, decision reaady which should only take 6-8 wks max he reckons. Hope he is right:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wanderer,
thanks for your comment but i know that immi website now like the back of my hand, i am just looking for peoples own experience in getting there 857 and how long it took them, i know everyones can be different, do you mind me asking, how do you know so much about all these visa's etc, do you work in immigration?? or have you gone through the process yourself?
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I,m not sure Viv, But i know it takes less time if you have all documents, medicals, police checks etc, when you have all that your immigration can then submit your visa application "decision ready" therefore the CO should not have to come back and request you to do medicals etc. Time will tell anyway, did you go through an immigration lawyer, or submit it your self?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi lala and wanderer

i submitted the application by myself. All the documents are submitted. There is no pending documents and all were submitted in one go in September 10. no reply still.

one thing which i did not do is to put in as a "decision ready" application. which was my mistake. dont know if i can do it now through a immigration agent. Any comments people.

I spoke to immigration and they said even if i add decision ready to my application now, its going to take the same time for processing. is it true? which i heard from immi call center. not sure.

its just that its been 4 and half months and nothing has happened so far is making me worried. so if any one here the same. please let me know

cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.