Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an SAP Consultant. I have cleared the Skill Assessment from ACS and have scored 6.5 in IELTS. My points are 120, which makes me eligible for PR in Australia. I wanted to ask whether to apply for regional visa or to apply for PR in Australia. I have heard that goverment is taking very long time to prvoide PR. My occupation is in SOL. I personally would like to apply for PR. Please advise whether I should go for Regional or PR?

Any inputs would be highly apprciable.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You may want to consider state sponsorship on an SMP if your occupation is listed and you are otherwise eligible to get a higher application processing priority.
Times for all visa applications processing does vary because of many factors, not least the number of higher priority applications submitted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't be Idle

I am an SAP Consultant. I have cleared the Skill Assessment from ACS and have scored 6.5 in IELTS. My points are 120, which makes me eligible for PR in Australia. I wanted to ask whether to apply for regional visa or to apply for PR in Australia. I have heard that goverment is taking very long time to prvoide PR. My occupation is in SOL. I personally would like to apply for PR. Please advise whether I should go for Regional or PR?

Any inputs would be highly apprciable.
Hi Friend,

If you apply for Regional Sponsorship or State Sponsorship it will take atleast 4 more months to lodge your visa. Not only that you have to apply before July 2011 to avoid becoming ineligible to apply for PR coz of the changes in points test where you will get only 0 points for 6.5 in IELTS. So don't be idle and hurry to lodge subclass 175 visa application without further ado if you have total of 120 points. Also dont forget to consider your total points before you apply coz getting 120 points is possible only if you have

1) SOL - 60 points
2) 7 in IELTS. - 25 points
3) Below 30 years of age - 30 points
4) 3 years work experience - 10 points

Total - 125 points

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.