Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm basically looking for some advice/insight about my current situation.

Last year I did something really stupid and got charged with destruction of property due to stress and a bad housemate dispute (not making any excuses for what I did, just providing some background info). However, because it was my first offense and I showed remorse I was offered a diversion plan with the courts so the charges were dropped and it doesn't show up on criminal records when I apply for jobs.

However, I am studying psychology and I want to be a psychologist one day. I know that when you apply for registration with AHPRA they ask that you provide a criminal history with everything you've been charged with, even if it doesn't result in anything (like mine did). I have read all the AHPRA documents and know they decide things on a case by case basis, but I want to know if anyone has been in a situation similar to mine or can offer advice about how serious AHPRA would consider my history and if I should just give up and try to find a new vocation. Obviously this is really upsetting to me so any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, they are only concerned with criminal convictions showing a history of bad behaviour, misdemeanours are not a barrier to getting a visa. Don't worry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.