Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm applying PMV300, just 1 thing about our relationship history statement. Since our case's a bit sensitive, my partner divorced but we dated during his marriage stage, should I write it down all or better skip those details?
Very appreciated for any sharing.
Regards,

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there,

There is no problem admitting you dated while he was still legally married. He should write in his statement that he was comitted to you and how, and when his relationship with his ex had ended in his mind and proof of this. You should also write in your statement that you were aware of his marriage, how he assured you he was comitted to you, and how you supported him while he was going through the divorce.

My husband and I met, engaged and had a wedding ceremony while he was still legally married. We registered the marriage legally after the divorce was finalised, but this was only 6 months or so before we applied. We explained the background details in both our statements and gave loads of proof to show we are comitted to each other.

We haven't got the visa yet, but from what I've read, the relationship is the first thing they assess. When they establish a genuine comittment, they move on and assess other criteria, such as health and finances. We were asked to get the medical done about 2 working days after handing in the application, so I assume the CO is confident we are a real couple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.