Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
My partner and i are close to applying for a 820 visa and gathering evidence, it is very nerve wracking! We commited to a relationship to the exclusion of all others in december last year and she moved here in june this year and we registered as a defacto in july . Is it ok to apply now?
Thankyou for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Generally they expect 12 months de facto relationship before you apply (there are some exceptions).

Have you actually been living together since June? Can you prove that you were in a defacto relationship between last December and June?

If you were to apply in December, I suspect you'd need strong evidence particularly about the period of December 2016 to June 2017.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , yes we have been living together since june. We were in a relationship since December but not a defacto ( the state recognized one)
I did travel to there 2 times between dec and june.
The evidence we have is flight tickets and chat logs

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Five months of co-habitation isn't much. Can you register the relationship or have you considered getting married?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
There is no relationship length requirement when you have registered the relationship. However, you still need to have strong evidence in all 4 categories to meet the requirements.

Evidence of chat logs and flying to visit are generally not at the level they would expect of a de facto relationship.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi yes we registered the relationship in july . What more eveidence would they need then flights and chat logs while we wenrt together here?
Thanks for replys

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
You are looking at the evidence when you started living together to make sure that is very strong, as when you are apart it is unlikely you will have things like joint financial commitments, joint bills etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok so we have plenty of evidence together since shes been here like bills joint financial etc

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ah ok so we have plenty of evidence together since shes been here like bills joint financial etc
Maybe you should consult a registered migration agent to get basic advice

You certainly don't wanna throw away $7000

Good luck

Reactions: Mish
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.