Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Just to ask if you happen to know if Remaining relative is the right visa for our case. Me, my sister,my mom and my dad are living here in Australia as citizens already. We have a step brother who is 38yrs old and single in the Philippines. Can we be able to get him if we have a step brother and a step sister living in the Philippines who are all married and have their own family. That's why we would like to get our step brother who is the only one single in the Philippines. Is it possible? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Check this:

(1) An applicant for a visa is a remaining relative of another person who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen if the applicant satisfies the Minister that:
(a) the other person is a parent, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister of the applicant; and
(b) the other person is usually resident in Australia; and
(c) the applicant, and the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner (if any), have no near relatives other than near relatives who are:
(i) usually resident in Australia; and
(ii) Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens; and
(d) if the applicant is a child who:
(i) has not turned 18; and
(ii) has been adopted by an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen (the adoptive parent) while overseas:
at the time of making the application, the adoptive parent has been residing overseas for a period of at least 12 months.
(2) In this regulation:
near relative, in relation to an applicant, means a person who is:
(a) a parent, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister of the applicant or of the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner(if any); or
(b) a child (including a (including a step-child) of the applicant or of the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner (if any), being a child who:
(i) has turned 18 and is not a dependent child of the applicant or of the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner (if any); or
(ii) has not turned 18 and is not wholly or substantially in the daily care and control of the applicant or of the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner (if any).

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent to see whether a viable visa strategy can be developed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.