Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm in a bit of a pickle right now, and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

Here's a brief summary of my scenario: I'm from the Philippines, and was granted the visitor visa 600 last 24 May 2017, for 12 months, with a maximum stay of 3 months per visit, without the "No Further Stay" restriction. I flew to Australia last year to take a review course for the Australian Medical Council Step 1 exam, thereafter taking the test, but didn't make it. I decided to stay in Australia to study and prepare to take another exam (which I did recently) and I got my results and passed the test. I also never stayed beyond the 3 month restriction; I flew out for several days, and flew back into the country to reset the timer.

Now I am planning to take a break first to travel elsewhere for several weeks before I proceed to take another review course for Step 2 of the exam, but I am restricted from entering Australia beyond 24 May 2018. What is the best course of action for me to take regarding this?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If your 600 visa doesn't have a No Further Stay condition, you could perhaps apply for a new 600 visa from onshore. You may need to forego the travel plans though if you go on a bridging visa and want to ensure you're able to re-enter Australia.

Keep in mind that a 600 visa doesn't allow study more than 3 months so it may not be the correct visa for what you're doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.