Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My husband and I have lodged our partner visa online. A week ago we got a letter from immigration requesting for more documents
Health assessment
And police clearance from Aus
My birth country as well as another country i worked in.

We were given 28 days - and were asked to respond to email so I just replied to the email acknowledging i have received it etc

Now, we have done the health assessment - did it on Friday and haven't yet received anything yet via immi account as they are processing it (was done just before weekend so might take a few days i hope)
We have received a police clearance for two out of 3 countries and were just waiting on the last one.

On the immi account it has 'I confirm I have provided information as requested" Should i click this even though i havent yet received the police clearance yet and also they are still processing health examination?

I still have about 3weeks before 28days but ive submitted everything just waiting now. Can i click this or not?

Sorry its so long!!! thank you

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I agree - I wouldn't click it yet. If it gets really close to that 28 day deadline and you still don't have that police clearance, make sure you've uploaded some sort of receipt you got from requesting it to evidence the fact it's in progress and you're just waiting on it. Then you could click it. But otherwise I wouldn't. Typically if they give you 28 days to provide something, they don't look at your account again until that 28 days has passed. Typically. But when you click it, there's a small chance they MAY look at it - and if everything's ready to go, there's a small chance they may just grant it. But if they look and it's not, back into the waiting pool you go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree - I wouldn't click it yet. If it gets really close to that 28 day deadline and you still don't have that police clearance, make sure you've uploaded some sort of receipt you got from requesting it to evidence the fact it's in progress and you're just waiting on it. Then you could click it. But otherwise I wouldn't. Typically if they give you 28 days to provide something, they don't look at your account again until that 28 days has passed. Typically. But when you click it, there's a small chance they MAY look at it - and if everything's ready to go, there's a small chance they may just grant it. But if they look and it's not, back into the waiting pool you go.
Thanks for that :)

Ive got receipts for the last police check that im waiting on to show we have applied for it and are waiting now. Same for health examinations - they are currently processing it and will show automatically in immi account once all has been processed.
Im just a lil worried because the police check will take about 20 days :/

If it gets closer to 28days and still havent received our police check ill just check the box because all receipts are there that weve applied.

thanks for ur help :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi, may i know how long you've been waiting before they ask for further documents???. I'm worried about my application because I've been doing my AFP check and NBI from the Philippines since it's kind of a long process. I hope everything will work out fine........

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can anyone say how long a Philippines NBI is current for?

My partner has had one done for another reason, so can the same one be used for Partner visa and if so, how long will it stay current?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, may i know how long you've been waiting before they ask for further documents???. I'm worried about my application because I've been doing my AFP check and NBI from the Philippines since it's kind of a long process. I hope everything will work out fine........
Hi there, we applied in December last year and we got an email 2weeks ago requesting for more documents so its been about 4months before they emailed for more docs 🙂

Theres a box in immi account where it says "intention to obtain clearance" or something like that and if you have evidence like a receipt or something that you have applied for your checks upload them so they see youve applied and are now waiting on them via mail. It shouod be find once you do that 🙂

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone say how long a Philippines NBI is current for?

My partner has had one done for another reason, so can the same one be used for Partner visa and if so, how long will it stay current?
Is NBI like police clearance/check? if so i am pretty sure theyre valid for 2 yrs?? So im sure you would be able to use that one but double check anyway 🙂

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
There's no reason to waste upload space uploading proof of applying for a police check unless you've specifically been requested to provide one by a CO within 28 days and you won't get the check back in time. That is when you'd upload proof of having tried to obtain it within the 28 days and that you're waiting on it.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
And it doesn't matter what the police check says the validity date is, Australian immigration says they are only valid for 12 months if using it for a partner visa.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is NBI like police clearance/check? if so i am pretty sure theyre valid for 2 yrs?? So im sure you would be able to use that one but double check anyway 🙂
Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, NBI is police check. I think valid for 12 months. I was curious if the current one could be used for our application to save going through that process again. Sounds like it will be o.k. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no reason to waste upload space uploading proof of applying for a police check unless you've specifically been requested to provide one by a CO within 28 days and you won't get the check back in time. That is when you'd upload proof of having tried to obtain it within the 28 days and that you're waiting on it.
We have been asked to because the checks may take longer than 28days because the check is from a different country - Im just contemplating clicking forward to say we have provided all documents requested 😕

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nbi

NBI or National Bureau of Investigation is only valid for a year as far as I know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.