Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im new to the forum and would appreciate some feedback please.

Can anyone please specify the conditions of the residency on this visa please?

If you move back to uk during the 5 year period of the visa and do not return to Australia and the expiry date passes, is the permanent residency status lost for good?

Here is a breakdown:

Partner subclass visa from 2012-2017
Went back to UK 2014 (stayed in Australia for 18 months)
Visa expired 2017
3 week stay from 12/12/2017-30/12/2017. ETA attached to passport and
Didnt know about a resident return visa 155.

As we have been back in UK for 3 and a half years does that mean the permanent resident status is no longer.

Intention is to move back to Australia for good but need important information about the residency and the 155 visa.

Thanks in advance. Xxx

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I imagine that the ETA would have replaced your sc. 100 visa, so you may no longer have PR.

There may be an option for you as a "former permanent resident", but I wouldn't be able to tell from the limited information provided.

If that option is not available to you, you may have to apply for a new partner visa.

Your original visa grant letter would have contained information about the Resident Return Visa. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, very few people read the grant letters properly or keep them in a handy place for future reference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply. I dont know if my husband has still got the letter/email of when his sc 100 was granted or who would have provided it, do you know if i can contact the relevant website to access this information please?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply. I dont know if my husband has still got the letter/email of when his sc 100 was granted or who would have provided it, do you know if i can contact the relevant website to access this information please?

Many thanks.
This is standard information on all grant letters, but it is probably a good idea to retrieve all the original documentation anyway. You can do that via a Freedom of Information request. Google : "form 424a" to download the application form. It's free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.