Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm posting in hopes of getting some helpful advice on what I can do to help my mum get her subclass 155/157 visa approved.

Apologies for the wall of text, and thanks in advance:

She is currently in China and applied for the visa on 9 March 2018, and it is still in the "Received" status currently.

She is married to an Australian Citizen who is with her in China, and I'm an Australian Citizen living in Australia. She had lived and worked in Australia for 25 or so years before moving back to China to take care of her ill father roughly 7 years ago, although she has since visited Australia about 3 times over those years.

Now she needs to come back urgently as I'm due to give birth at the end of June and planned for her to be here to see her first granddaughter and help me with recovery. We would both be devastated if she couldn't be here :(

My parents already have plane tickets for 8 May as her visa has always been approved after a few days in the past and so it was really unexpected it would take this long.

We've attached all the documents we could think of including a letter explaining reasons why she was in China, and why she's returning; my birth and citizen certificate, my father's citizen certificate, their marriage certificate, my parents property title in Australia, etc.
The only issue is they're all black & white scans before I read they're supposed to be in colour - will that be a big problem or should I upload again in colour?

Other than that, I feel like we have enough supporting documents, we just don't know when they'll even start looking at the application. I had called Home Affairs and they said that the processing time stated is only a minimum and that it could take much longer, and that he's seen cases where people have waited a year!

Does anyone have any advice on how to speed up the process or to get them to prioritise it? Is getting a migration agent going to be helpful?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I think you do likely need to upload colour scans to avoid any further delays.

Everyone wants their visas granted quickly and unless you have compelling and compassionate circumstances (having a baby is unlikely to qualify), she will likely need to wait in line with everyone else until they get to her application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you do likely need to upload colour scans to avoid any further delays.

Everyone wants their visas granted quickly and unless you have compelling and compassionate circumstances (having a baby is unlikely to qualify), she will likely need to wait in line with everyone else until they get to her application.
Thanks for your reply. I can do colour scans no problem - just wasn't sure if that would make the application a bit messy since they stated not to upload copies.

Another question I had was the wording wasn't very clear about whether a police check was required, or only if they ask?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Another question I had was the wording wasn't very clear about whether a police check was required, or only if they ask?
Only if they ask.

Paul Hand
MARN 1801974

Reactions: Akilina
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.