Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We have just found out that we need to go overseas hopefully early next week for 6 weeks and our PR have just expired few weeks ago. Both my husband and I are permanent residents living in Australia since 2013 and 1998 respectively - so no issue on residency requirement.

We have applied online on the weekend and now awaiting for approval.
Some friends have mentioned that it only took them a couple of days to get approval but perhaps that was during a different global processing time. Immi website shows 15-33 days at the moment.

Now the question is, can we go overseas while we wait for the approval? if all goes well according to the processing time the visa should've been done before we need to come back to Australia.
I am on hold on the phone with immi but just wondering if anyone experienced something like this before?
Many thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,
We have just found out that we need to go overseas hopefully early next week for 6 weeks and our PR have just expired few weeks ago. Both my husband and I are permanent residents living in Australia since 2013 and 1998 respectively - so no issue on residency requirement.

We have applied online on the weekend and now awaiting for approval.
Some friends have mentioned that it only took them a couple of days to get approval but perhaps that was during a different global processing time. Immi website shows 15-33 days at the moment.

Now the question is, can we go overseas while we wait for the approval? if all goes well according to the processing time the visa should've been done before we need to come back to Australia.
I am on hold on the phone with immi but just wondering if anyone experienced something like this before?
Many thanks for your time.
From the DHA website:

If you are in Australia and the travel facility on your current visa has, or is, about to expire, you need to apply for, an RRV before you leave Australia. You may depart Australia without your resident return visa application being finalised however please ensure you have a re-entry visa to return to Australia.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
I have applied for RRV on 5th Dec 2017. Still waiting....
You might get the other poster worried..

How long had you lived in Australia as a PR?
You other post indicates that you never actually migrated.
My PR expired in August 2013 as I was unable to migrate due to compelling and compassionate reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.