Australia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
June 4th. So if it goes according to the time on the website, 75 days, that would put it around August 19th. But from the sounds of it you have been waiting longer than that. :/
there is no way they are gonna finalize it within their time frame. i have no idea what is taking them so long to reply. there are couple of cases in here that are all close to the 4th month. if that is the case then it should not be over 4 months since the date you applied. if you read all comments in here you would find out. i was so disappointed when my case was over the 75th days, then i found out here that everyone was over 75 days but no more then 4 months. hopefully that is gonna happen on me. if i get it before july 15th i will let you know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is no way they are gonna finalize it within their time frame. i have no idea what is taking them so long to reply. there are couple of cases in here that are all close to the 4th month. if that is the case then it should not be over 4 months since the date you applied. if you read all comments in here you would find out. i was so disappointed when my case was over the 75th days, then i found out here that everyone was over 75 days but no more then 4 months. hopefully that is gonna happen on me. if i get it before july 15th i will let you know.
Ok thank you, and good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys. Need ur advice and suggestions. PR validity till dec 22.. have spent just over a month in Aus during these 5 years.

multiple reasons of not moving thus far including the lockdowns.. Although the plan to move for good is for october/nov, i wanted to keep the travel option open, owing to dad’s health reasons..

cant say with the current scenario, if i satisfy with the substantial ties as i dont have a job there or a house yet.
Is rrv 155 for a year even a possibility? Also i heard that onshore processing is quicker..do u think its better if i come there and apply or should i start the application now?

does the validityof 3 months or 1 year start from the date of grant or does itautomatically mean a continuation from when the original PR period of 5 year ends?

apologies for so many questions. Would appreciate any help

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
"Multiple reasons" are irrelevant if you have not been absent for more than 5 years. The only thing they are interested in are your substantial ties of benefit to Australia.

The RRV replaces your current visa and the validity periods runs from date of grant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I applied May 3 and still waiting. But I don’t meet redidency requirements and have a more complex case. The problem is that they don’t tell you on the immi website what the longest you could be waiting is.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I applied May 3 and still waiting. But I don’t meet redidency requirements and have a more complex case. The problem is that they don’t tell you on the immi website what the longest you could be waiting is.
I've seen one that took 7 months. But if they give that as an answer, or maybe even one that was longer, it might worry some people.

They do say that 10% took over 75 days, when they fit the residence requirements, or over 4 months if they don't.

In theory, the longest could be counted in years, depending on an individuals situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen one that took 7 months. But if they give that as an answer, or maybe even one that was longer, it might worry some people.

They do say that 10% took over 75 days, when they fit the residence requirements, or over 4 months if they don't.

In theory, the longest could be counted in years, depending on an individuals situation.
Thanks for the insight. From what I’ve seen on here 3-4 months is fairly standard though, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys. Quick query. While applying rrv for a minor child, do we need to mention “appointing an authorized person -exempt person” for receiving all visa related info? Do we need to complete form 956a?

41 - 60 of 97 Posts