Australia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

Registered
The median average processing time for Subclass 155 visas, that were finalised in July 2022, was 1 Day.
  • 25% took under 1 Day
  • 25% took between 1 Day and 1 Day
  • 25% took between 1 Day and 1 Day
  • 15% took between 1 Day and 3 Months
  • 10% took over 3 Months.
Last Updated 26 August 2022, for visas finalised in July 2022.

Registered
My son applied for an RRV. Mine was just granted recently for only 1 year. If his is granted for 1 year also, does anyone know if he can reapply if he is unable to make it back in that time frame? He was hoping for a 5 year RRV, but I doubt he will get 5 years as his PR was done at the same time as mine (he was a minor when we got it). TIA

Registered
Applied for mine on June 7th, and still waiting.
Has anyone else been getting sent a checklist from a case worker 1 step at a time? As in criminal checks, then a couple weeks later being asked for biometrics, and a couple weeks later for passport copies?

Premium Member
He was hoping for a 5 year RRV, but I doubt he will get 5 years as his PR was done at the same time as mine (he was a minor when we got it). TIA
He will only get a 5 year RRV if, and only if, he meets the 2-year residence requirement.

does anyone know if he can reapply if he is unable to make it back in that time frame?
He can reapply, but will need to go through demonstrating substantial ties again.

Reactions: Raven520

Premium Member
Applied for mine on June 7th, and still waiting.
Has anyone else been getting sent a checklist from a case worker 1 step at a time? As in criminal checks, then a couple weeks later being asked for biometrics, and a couple weeks later for passport copies?
No, particularly as these are generally not required for an RRV application.

Registered
No, particularly as these are generally not required for an RRV application.
I wonder if it's because I was offshore when my RRV ran out? I've been living in Australia for 11 years continuously. I had to leave for a family emergency, and time was of the essence. Or otherwise I would have renewed it while I was still onshore.

Premium Member
I wonder if it's because I was offshore when my RRV ran out? I've been living in Australia for 11 years continuously. I had to leave for a family emergency, and time was of the essence. Or otherwise I would have renewed it while I was still onshore.
If you meet the 2 year residency requirement then an RRV is usually granted immediately by the computer, wherever you are - it looks like there may be an issue with your records/file that is delaying matters.

Registered
I have applied my 8th RRV on the 2nd August and still waiting. My husband and kids are Australian, we have been overseas for almost 12 years, applied RRV every year .. got them within 6 weeks average.
We need to go for our son鈥檚 graduation :( all booked.

what can we do to speed up the application ?

Registered
I finally got my visa :

Applied : 2 August
Granted : 5 October
Total 63 days !

I have sent e-mail to them in a letter format with urgency for travel, attached our flight itinerary, passports and marriage certificate.

Good Luck everyone !

Registered
I finally got my visa :

Applied : 2 August
Granted : 5 October
Total 63 days !

I have sent e-mail to them in a letter format with urgency for travel, attached our flight itinerary, passports and marriage certificate.

Good Luck everyone !
Congratulations!!! thats great news. did you not meet the criteria of 2 out of the last 5 years? when was the last visit date of your PR and when did you last leave the country?

61 - 80 of 97 Posts