I had a client in a similar situation not long ago and RRV was granted in a week or so. Like Jeremy said, wait with the ETA until the last minute.In a huge dilemma, hope someone can take this stress off me. My husband's PR visa expired in February, without us even realising. He booked his ticket to Australia, flying out in 2 weeks time and i quickly applied for the rrv on the weekend.
I don't think he will get the visa before he flies out and its imperative that he comes on the 6th of April.
Would it be wise to wait a few days before flying out and if rrv not processed, then apply for ETA and come?
Or should i just apply for ETA while the rrv has been "received" or do i have to withdraw the current application for rrv before i apply for ETA?