Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I wanted to know if any one knows whether the sponsorship limitations for partner visas apply if a visa has been denied to a previous partner.

The back story to this question is that my sister got married in 2014, and sponsored her partner for his application for a partner visa.
Last year the visa application was refused and she started an appeal in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal to get the decision reviewed.

Due to multiple factors the relationship between my sister and her partner deteriorated and ended up in a divorce. As such the request for review was withdrawn before a decision was made.

My thinking is that since the visa was not granted in the first place, the sponsorship criteria does not apply. I have scoured the department's website but was not able to find anything that sheds some light on this area.

If any could provide some insight into this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chocolate_thunda

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
My thinking is that since the visa was not granted in the first place, the sponsorship criteria does not apply.
As long as no partner visa was actually granted, the sponsorship limitation will not apply. This includes sc. 300, 309, 100, 820 and 801 visas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.