Australia Forum banner

Return resident visa

1080 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ampk
Hi all,

I currently live in USA and I previously had PR(2006 to 2011). I would like to find out the the options to get my PR again. I came to know about RRV. Can someone please shed some light and provide more details.

I did my masters in australia and went to USA in 2006 and since then working as software engineer in USA and my wife is working as a dentist. We are planning to move to Australia as I have family here and we wanted to grow our family in melbourne.
Me and wife are Indian citizens and my daughter is an american.

My wife do not have PR.

Under what category should I apply?
would I be able to apply for my wife and daughter at the same time?
How long would it take for the process?

Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
Maybe the 157 visa for yourself and a Partner Visa for your wife..

Subclass 157 visa
You might be granted a subclass 157 visa if all of the following apply to you:
  • you lawfully spent at least one day but less than two years in the past five years in Australia immediately before you apply for this visa
  • you were an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen the whole time you were in Australia
  • there is a compelling and compassionate reason for leaving Australia.
If you are outside Australia when you apply
  • If you have been outside Australia for more than three continuous months immediately before you apply, you must have a compelling and compassionate reason for the absence.
Cost $365

I would consider a quick consultation with an Immigration agent for your situation.

Partner Visa:
Cost from $8,755 + extras
Is dentist on a skilled list?

Think the 309 is still $7000 + extras or did I miss a kid or something?

Edit - Yep missed a kid.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
Not open for further replies.