Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I hope someone can shed some light on our situation and perhaps offer some advice to us.

I am australian, and my Fiance is Vietnamese, and we have submitted for a Subclass 300 - Prospective Marriage visa - at the Ho chi minh city Australian embassy in vietnam.

The visa was submitted early october. We believe we crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's (so-to-speak). (boy its alot of paperwork). she had the medical exams, and passed all. all supporting documents were lodged, and we were happy with our submission. Its important to note, we did the submission all ourselves, and this is the first time either of us have done anything like this, so we could use any expert advice given.

I was in vietnam on the date of her interview, so i went also. However they would not see me, and did not wish to interview me with her. I thought that was rather silly since I was in the country at the time.

We had the ceremonial part of our wedding, and our honeymoon in vietnam in november this year, but Our plan is to get married offically in april in australia under australian law, which is why we chose subclass 300. however that date is pending the visa approval obviously.

I am now back in Oz working, and i got a phone call from her today, she was excited, they asked her to come to the embassy in vietnam, they would not say why. We assumed that we had got it!. however..

When she arrived there, she was given back all submitted documents, from before the interview. She was not told why. When she asked why she was told "Just wait". No reasons were given, and they were very vague about it all.

Why on earth would they return our submitted documents?, I have read that people recieve the documents back when they are set to fail. others recieve them back upon approval. its quite confusing and we are afraid of the outcome now. :mad:

Any input or advice would be grateful.

Sincerely,

Dale

·
Registered
245 Posts
HI sustainholmes,

The Au Consulate in Vn doesn't often interview the sponsor, except they really doubt about the sponsor and visa applicant's relationship. And it's also normal to return the evidences after the interview bcoz they just simply wanna see how genuine and continued of you guys relationship thru evidences, they don't wanna keep so many papers with them. Also they relocate to another address, that's also reason why they wanna 'clear stocks' .

And you will need to reuse those evidences for the next stage - onshore sub 820/801, so rest assured.

Cheers,

·
Registered
833 Posts
No sweat, would you prefer them to destroy unneeded paperwork? It's a normal practice to return documentation.
Also they CAN NOT give you a yes or no until they receive final approval, hence just wait remark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same position as Sustainholmes, PMV 300 applied early August 2011, fiancee is Vietnamese, lives in HCMc.

Our evidence paperwork got returned mid December, we are assuming thats good news and hope for the visa to be issued any day now. We are also going to have the ceremonial part of the marriage in Vietnam, and our wedding in Australia in April.

My fiancee belongs to a Vietnamese forum similar to this forum, it seems that members who get their paperwork returned get their visa's issued about 3 - 4 weeks later :)

Best of luck to you both!

Phil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the same position as Sustainholmes, PMV 300 applied early August 2011, fiancee is Vietnamese, lives in HCMc.

Our evidence paperwork got returned mid December, we are assuming thats good news and hope for the visa to be issued any day now. We are also going to have the ceremonial part of the marriage in Vietnam, and our wedding in Australia in April.

My fiancee belongs to a Vietnamese forum similar to this forum, it seems that members who get their paperwork returned get their visa's issued about 3 - 4 weeks later :)

Best of luck to you both!

Phil.
Thank you very much for the reply Phil.

It seems our plans are not all that different. Well thats the best news Ive heard. however ofc I will not hold my breathe, untill we get the call.

Thanks again, and our best wishes right back at ya, to you and your fiance ;)

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am going to post here with a recent timeline for visitors who may like to see up to date information, here is the timeline for my fiancee's approved PMV 300 application made from Vietnam:

07.06.13- Submitted application at AVAC Hanoi (it then got sent to HCM for processing)
23.06.13- Received request for medicals via email
27.06.13- Medicals submitted
20.08.13- CO called and requested additional documents- 1. Letter from Fiancees son's father allowing him to immigrate with her to Australia 2. Letter from me about why and when my previous marriage ended. 3. Single status certificate from me (had thought divorce cert would cover this but it doesnt)
23.09.13- CO called to ask why we hadn't submitted the additional documents yet (I had gone back to Vietnam after the request and this caused further delay, along with the fact that using standard Australia Post International Express took 23 days to arrive after putting in the letterbox- word of advice, pay the extra and use Express Post International Courier if sending documents from AUS to Vietnam)
23.09.13- Fiancee received email requesting she attend interview at Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
01.10.13- Emailed copies of my two additional documents to Australian Consulate General HCM (originals still in postal system)
03.10.13- Fiancee attened interview with CO in HCM (told visa would be up to 4 months away still as processing time is average 8 months in vietnam as at time of application)
15.10.13- Additional documents finally arrived to Hanoi from AUS and submitted to AVAC Hanoi.
17.10.13- CO called fiancee and asked her to go to AVAC Hanoi so they can return our documents.
13.12.13- Visa granted for Fiancee and her son, letter notifying her of grant received by email on 16.12.13.

It is important to remember that all applications are different! My Fiancee met another applicant in the HCM IOM office as they were interviewed on the same day. That applicant is still waiting on return of her documents even though she employed a lawyer to submit the application. Patience is key.

Good luck and God speed to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.