Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've tried to search the forum for the answer and I can't seem to find it, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

I currently have an ETA that will be valid until Late 2020.

My PMV 300 application is in FA, but will likely (hopefully) be approved in early 2020.

When I move to Aus, will I have to wait for 3 months for the ETA to expire before I can start working, or will the PMV 300 over-ride the ETA and make me eligible to work immediately?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
You will need to be offshore for the grant of the PMV.

When you re-enter it will be on the PMV and PMV conditions will apply (you can work immediately on the PMV).

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi,
I've tried to search the forum for the answer and I can't seem to find it, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

I currently have an ETA that will be valid until Late 2020.

My PMV 300 application is in FA, but will likely (hopefully) be approved in early 2020.

When I move to Aus, will I have to wait for 3 months for the ETA to expire before I can start working, or will the PMV 300 over-ride the ETA and make me eligible to work immediately?

Thank you!!!
My wife was on a visitor visa while waiting for the 300.
When the 300 was ready for decision she was told to leave Australia so it could be finalised.

On her return to Australia the PMV300 became active. overriding the visitor visa which otherwise still had 6 months validity.

Work rights became available immediately on re-entry.

Reactions: OptimusSpice
1 - 3 of 3 Posts