Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope you folks are doing fine, so I am an international student studying master of IT and willing to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning but kinda confused about wether it will affect my postgraduate visa (because of the australian study requirement) , I looked at the home affairs website and it seemed like RPL will make me ineligible to meet the australian study requirement. however I looked at some of the migration agents websites and they quote a court case from 2013 that declared that RPL will count towards australian study. So i'm not sure if I should go for it. hoping to find some answers here :) TIA

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi, hope you folks are doing fine, so I am an international student studying master of IT and willing to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning but kinda confused about wether it will affect my postgraduate visa (because of the australian study requirement) , I looked at the home affairs website and it seemed like RPL will make me ineligible to meet the australian study requirement. however I looked at some of the migration agents websites and they quote a court case from 2013 that declared that RPL will count towards australian study. So i'm not sure if I should go for it. hoping to find some answers here :) TIA
Riaz & Anor v Minister for Immigration & Anor [2013] FCCA 2244 (20 December 2013)

Have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know i sound like a total idiot saying this but I read the whole thing and could find a simple answer to my question :p can you please specify in simple words if exempted courses (based on study taken overseas) count towards australian study requirement or not? Many thanks :)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I know i sound like a total idiot saying this but I read the whole thing and could find a simple answer to my question :p can you please specify in simple words if exempted courses (based on study taken overseas) count towards australian study requirement or not? Many thanks :)
In some cases, yes! Depends on the particulars of the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.