Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friend is a British citizen currently living in Australia.

The travel component of his permanent residency expired in July and he got a new passport in September.

He's been trying to update the new passport number but it's taking forever.

He really needs to go home ASAP as his mum is sick. Can he leave the country and get a RRV from the UK or does he need to sort it all out before he can leave?

He's been living and working in Australia for 3 and a half years so proving ties to the country shouldn't be difficult but I don't know what they require.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If he is anywhere near a DIBP office, try and get the passport issue sorted out manually. He could apply for a RRV from overseas, but if his new passport is not linked to his current PR visa first, he'll probably run into strife trying to do it online. Best to get it sorted before departure.

Some other thoughts; if he has an active ImmiAccount, he should be able to change his passport details online instantly. He can then proceed with the RRV application. I have done this myself several time.

Failing that, he could try and lodge the RRV with his new passport details. No idea if that works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.