Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum. I previously had a permanent resident visa that expired in October 2017. Unfortunately I could not relocate and have no connections to Australia at this point. I applied for an RRV immediately after expiry asking for 3 months to relocate as I had a favorable job situation to relocate just few days before expiry but it was too late to move. But since then I have now decided to relocate on the next opportunity regardless of my job situation. To be honest, I do not think there is a chance for approval of my RRV application. Meanwhile, I have received an invite to apply for new 189 visa.

My questions are -

(a) Can I apply for the new visa while my RRV is pending assessment. It has been 4 months and have had no response from CO.

(b) When I tried to lodge a new application online, the immi system said that I already have an unfinalised application that may need to be withdrawn but I was allowed to proceed filling the application form. Will there be a problem if I keep RRV application also open? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,612 Posts
You can leave both applications in the system. If one is granted, with the other one still pending, you can withdraw the other one or wait for it to be processed as well, whatever will be most beneficial to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@CCMS, thank you for your reply. Will the new PR application be affected in anyway negatively because I did not relocate to Australia permanently with my previous PR? I hope not but thought better to get opinions on this. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum. I previously had a permanent resident visa that expired in October 2017. Unfortunately I could not relocate and have no connections to Australia at this point. I applied for an RRV immediately after expiry asking for 3 months to relocate as I had a favorable job situation to relocate just few days before expiry but it was too late to move. But since then I have now decided to relocate on the next opportunity regardless of my job situation. To be honest, I do not think there is a chance for approval of my RRV application. Meanwhile, I have received an invite to apply for new 189 visa.

My questions are -

(a) Can I apply for the new visa while my RRV is pending assessment. It has been 4 months and have had no response from CO.

(b) When I tried to lodge a new application online, the immi system said that I already have an unfinalised application that may need to be withdrawn but I was allowed to proceed filling the application form. Will there be a problem if I keep RRV application also open? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Any update bro. I applied few weeks back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and applied for a new PR visa. I haven't heard back on RRV. Are you in a similar situation applying for RRV?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top