Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRV and tourist visas

922 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mania 
#1 ·
Hello, Myself and 2 children are waiting for RRV applications which have been lodged for over 12 weeks. Despite ringing and emailing we are no further forward. We are now thinking of travelling to Australia on 651 and 600 tourist visas as my husband (a permanent resident ) is in Australia. Will the tourist visas affect the RRV applications? We were wondering about waiting for the result of the RRV application in Australia (know we have to leave to get this result) or possibly lodging new RRV's once we are in Australia.

We would also like to enrol the children into school but think this may be a problem with tourist visas.

Any information would be appreciated.
thank you
Ruth

#2 ·
Opening yourself up to some issues - there have been a few conversations about this in the past and the general consensus seems to have been that there are better options.

A consult with a Migration Agent isn't expensive but will give you either difinitive answers or probable%chance of an issue.

I believe the last advice I saw was that a ETA is better then a tourist visa - however I do not recall the source and thus the accuracy of that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.