Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hold PR visa and stayed in Australia more than 1 year but less than 2 years in last 5 years.

My PR will be expiring in two months

I ham currently currently overseas and applied for RRV offshore online. I am hoping to get RRV155 1 year travel facility as my child is Australian born citizen and my partner is also Australian citizen and living in Australia. But looks like processing will be 3-5 months. RRV visa page says "You can apply for the visa outside Australia, but it must be granted before you enter Australia."

Now I am confused. My PR is still valid VEVO shows visa in effect and multiple enteries allowed during validity of your visa. Must not Arrive after expiry date.

Lets say I want to come back 10 or 15 days before PR expiry date but RRV in process that I applied offshore. Will there be a problem entering?

Am I ok to enter Australia as my PR is still valid?
any friend can tell me if they been through RRV 1 year how much is current processing time?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
If you applied online you are fine to come back to Australia before your current RRV expires and wait out the new visa onshore.

Reactions: glow1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you applied online you are fine to come back to Australia before your current RRV expires and wait out the new visa onshore.
Thanks Paul, I currently hold PR and first time applied for RRV. I think you mean "current PR" in your reply?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Thanks Paul, I currently hold PR and first time applied for RRV. I think you mean "current PR" in your reply?
Yep sorry - current permanent visa

Any idea about processing time of 1 year travel facility 155 visa anybody?
12 weeks or longer at the moment

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar situation - Hello Glow1 - I have a similar situation where my current PR expired in Dec 18 and I am trying to apply online for RRV offshore (have a job offer) and keen to find out whether can I make an entry in Aus in the life of my current PR and before RRV is approved need it be... will be great if you can share any more details please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.