Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Guys!
I have been in Australia since January 2004. I am a permanent resident. I moved here with my mum, dad and two brothers as a teenager. I have always lived in Australia. I have only left the country for holidays and it has only every been 3 weeks at a time. In 2007 I was charged with assault as I took the 'charge' for someone else. Please no judgement here, I did not want to give the person up because I was scared what the consequences would be for myself. In 2010 I applied for my RRV as my one from moving here in 2004 had expired. I was granted the visa straight away. No questions asked. No questions about my 'criminal record'. I have never been to jail. I have no other convictions other than what happened in 2007. Fast forward... I married my husband last year February 2016. We have three children. I have applied for my RRV as we have a holiday booked and I applied online, they asked if I had any convictions, I was honest and said yes. I did mention this happened 10 years ago. They have since asked for me to provide a AFP check (Australian Federal Police) Check, which is understandable. I have applied for the AFP check, but it could take up to 15+ business days and then only once I receive the check I need to submit to Immigration and then they will process my RRV. I have no problems with this taking some time, but we are due to fly out on our family holiday in less than 2 weeks and with the AFP check potentially taking 15+ days our holiday might not happen. Is there anything I can do in this situation?

I am also now worried that I will not be granted my visa as I am aware the laws have changed etc and I respect that, but given that I am married to an Australian, we have a mortgage here and three kids surely that will work in my favour? I am so lost as to what I should do now.

Please any advice will be helpful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.