Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I and Family is living overseas for the last 6 years. I and my two kids are Australian Citizen but my wife was on a PR visa in Australia.

We want to move back to Australia and applied for my wife's RRV visa about 50 days back.

They asked for ties with Australia in my wife application. Having 3 family members Australian is considered as personal ties or not? ( though we all are living overseas for the last 6 years). I have an investment property also in Australia. ( but it's not under my wife's name).

Anything else I can provide to show her personal ties?

Thanks
Amit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys,

I and Family is living overseas for the last 6 years. I and my two kids are Australian Citizen but my wife was on a PR visa in Australia.

We want to move back to Australia and applied for my wife's RRV visa about 50 days back.

They asked for ties with Australia in my wife application. Having 3 family members Australian is considered as personal ties or not? ( though we all are living overseas for the last 6 years). I have an investment property also in Australia. ( but it's not under my wife's name).

Anything else I can provide to show her personal ties?

Thanks
Amit
I feel your wife will get a visa based on the personal ties but more than likely it would be a 3 month visa.

PS: I am not a MARA agent, but some one who went through several experiences and wanting to help

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If she's married to an Australian citizen, that's often enough to meet the strong personal ties criteria. However if she hasn't lived in Australia at least 2 of the last 5 years, the processing time for a RRV is usually at least 90+ days so she needs to wait for a decision on her application.

Reactions: amit1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel your wife will get a visa based on the personal ties but more than likely it would be a 3 month visa.

PS: I am not a MARA agent, but some one who went through several experiences and wanting to help
Thank you for encouraging comment. Hope after 3 months we will get a longer visa once we are in Australia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If she's married to an Australian citizen, that's often enough to meet the strong personal ties criteria. However if she hasn't lived in Australia at least 2 of the last 5 years, the processing time for a RRV is usually at least 90+ days so she needs to wait for a decision on her application.
THanks Maggie, THis is what we were thinking and didn't think of VISA for last 6 years but now reading online we felt we should have taken this thing seriously.

I think we can just wait. On their website, it is saying unto 71 days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
THanks Maggie, THis is what we were thinking and didn't think of VISA for last 6 years but now reading online we felt we should have taken this thing seriously.

I think we can just wait. On their website, it is saying unto 71 days.
Mate 4-71 days guideline is only for people you have lived in Australia for 2 years of last 5 years. Because your wife doesn't qualify, it might take longer may be upto 6 months. Yes some people have received the visa sooner but the trend is, its taking anything from 3 months to 6 months or longer..so be mentally prepared for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mate 4-71 days guideline is only for people you have lived in Australia for 2 years of last 5 years. Because your wife doesn't qualify, it might take longer may be upto 6 months. Yes some people have received the visa sooner but the trend is, its taking anything from 3 months to 6 months or longer..so be mentally prepared for that.

Thanks, Kight Rider for your reply. I didn't realize that these 71 days is for people who have lived in Australia for 2 years in the last 5 years.

Amit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.