Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have read other threads relating to how long the RRV is processed but there is no single thread for it, so I'd like to start this.

I find it difficult that there is no way to find any update or approximate on how much longer my visa will even start to be processed, as all I have heard is that the estimate in the website is not something you can rely on, all you can do is wait. I'm already in exactly five months of waiting since I applied for my RRV. My father just had his RRV issued to him half a year ago, and we are of the same case. It only took him a month for him to receive his RRV, so I'm wondering why mine is taking this long. Did anybody take any longer than five months to receive their RRV? I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told by a migration agent that this "12 weeks" estimate is not the same for everybody. It depends on your case. I'm definitely way past that at this point. 20 weeks and counting.
My case is bit different than most...I have lived 2 years of the past 5 years but I had a case in Australia which was filed after I left Australia, I also had similar case filed in my home country so I was stuck here. After hard fought battle, my case was closed in home country and I applied for 155 just before eligibility was about to expire but unfortunately my Australia case was still open when i applied, so I revealed all the case related information in the application form (Since then the charges have been dropped in Australia as well).

CO contacted me with in two days of applying and asked me to provide the court papers from my home country. I obliged and provided all the relevant documents. After that CO contacted me again in 2 weeks and asked for PCC for Australia and my home country, which i provided in first week of January (Both PCCs came clean with out any records because I was only charged but later both cases were dropped). After that no contact, I believe my immi lawyer has sent an email last week seeking an update but don't they received any email.

Don't know what's gonna happen and what to expect, my immi lawyer is preaching patience and suggesting 'no news is good news'...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My case is bit different than most...I have lived 2 years of the past 5 years but I had a case in Australia which was filed after I left Australia, I also had similar case filed in my home country so I was stuck here. After hard fought battle, my case was closed in home country and I applied for 155 just before eligibility was about to expire but unfortunately my Australia case was still open when i applied, so I revealed all the case related information in the application form (Since then the charges have been dropped in Australia as well).

CO contacted me with in two days of applying and asked me to provide the court papers from my home country. I obliged and provided all the relevant documents. After that CO contacted me again in 2 weeks and asked for PCC for Australia and my home country, which i provided in first week of January (Both PCCs came clean with out any records because I was only charged but later both cases were dropped). After that no contact, I believe my immi lawyer has sent an email last week seeking an update but don't they received any email.

Don't know what's gonna happen and what to expect, my immi lawyer is preaching patience and suggesting 'no news is good news'...
Thanks for sharing your experience. As for me, this is my first time applying for an RRV. My parents and I had only lived less than a year in Australia. I didn't apply for an RRV at the same time with my father - I wanted to know first if he'll be granted given that we have the same case. So he applied, and got his RRV last year after a month of waiting. I applied for mine a couple of months later since I had to save up for it. But to my surprise....it took so much longer than I expected. But if your immi lawyer said that "no news is good news"... I'll just have to be patient then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that's great to know! congrats!
I'm still waiting up to now, I hope I get mine soon!
Thank you!!

I was pretty stressful experience for me, even though it took more than 100 days for me to get the visa, actually preparation was going on for almost an year. Happy that finally I have the Visa and will be flying to Australia soon, to get on with my life :)

I hope you and everyone trying to get RRV will get the good news soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey! I am stuck in a similar situation since it is going to be a year since I applied for my RRV (May 2018) and haven't received an update on the same yet.

Has anyone else heard from the department in the past couple of weeks? What should I do, should I be worried?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Have you followed up to ask why?

Processing times

Subclass 155
75% of applications: 2 days or under
90% of applications: 58 days or under
This means that only 10% take over 58 days.

Subclass 157
75% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
90% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you followed up to ask why?

Processing times

Subclass 155
75% of applications: 2 days or under
90% of applications: 58 days or under
This means that only 10% take over 58 days.

Subclass 157
75% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
90% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
hey! Thanks for responding.

I have written to them and called them as well...its a very generic reply I got that due to a high volume of applications there is a backlog etc. etc. But I didn't expect it to take 12 months. The status still says "received" and also "pre june 2018". I don't know what that could mean.

Anyone else going through the same issue? or has dealt with something like this in the past?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey! Thanks for responding.

I have written to them and called them as well...its a very generic reply I got that due to a high volume of applications there is a backlog etc. etc. But I didn't expect it to take 12 months. The status still says "received" and also "pre june 2018". I don't know what that could mean.

Anyone else going through the same issue? or has dealt with something like this in the past?
Mine's also still in "Received" status, but I am under the "post-June 2018" batch. It's 7 months and no news or whatever. It's strange! My mother already received her RRV this month, and it only took her just a month to wait. But both of us are offshore and did not get 2 years out of five. I don't know what's with mine that's taking too long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey! Thank you for sharing your experience. Seems like the entire process is very arbitrary.

Anyone else who knows the significance of "pre-June 2018" and can shed some light on when I may expect a response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
almost a year since I filed my RRV application and still no response. Does anyone know what's going on? Please help!! this is extremely frustrating...

·
Registered
2 Posts
RRV possibility after PR expiry

Hi,

I am planning to apply for RRV, but not sure of my chances of approval, my case is I got the PR in 2012, so activated/visited Australia with family in 2013 for 2 weeks & left Australia, Haven't visited Australia again, & my PR expired in July/2017.

I would like to apply for RRV now, but I am wondering if it will be approved, any advise on how to prove my substantial ties or special circumstances?

Appreciate your help or experience.

Thanks
HR

1 - 20 of 39 Posts