Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are a family of 3 all with permanent residency but have been away from Australia for more than 5 years. My husband applied for a resident return visa and is now in Australia as it was due to expire in May.

My son and I have stayed in the UK due to his exams but have applied for resident return visas - we are now keen to be in Australia as a family asap.

We are still being assessed on immi account and I am growing increasingly anxious about the probability of us getting visas and if so how long this will take.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
All visa applications are taking longer and longer due to higher volumes of applications. Unfortunately all you can do is wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

We are a family of 3 all with permanent residency but have been away from Australia for more than 5 years. My husband applied for a resident return visa and is now in Australia as it was due to expire in May.
Can i know what compelling reason you used to get your rrv? I'm already away from australia for more than 10 years and all agents said marriage and taking care of the elders are not compelling enough and my rrv will surely be rejected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - still waiting for a reply to resident return visa after almost 12 weeks just wondering if anyone has heard about theirs recently?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - still waiting for a reply to resident return visa after almost 12 weeks just wondering if anyone has heard about theirs recently?
Thanks
I am in the same situation. I applied on 22 Feb'18. Sent an email to follow up earlier and auto-reply said process can be 12 weeks or longer for cases do not satisfy residency requirement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.